More DIY Repairs Required

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Marvellous, more problems🤬🤬.
New Visionplus tv booster working fine👏👏
But, Whale water inlet flap finally fractured. Not bad for 12 years. Luckily found a cream replacement flap for a fiver. However fitting is far from straight forward . The new flap can only be once the entire socket is removed. Needs careful removal and thorough cleaning and resealing with RV61. Whoever designs these plastic things to be so difficult to repair replace must have something missing upstairs!
Add to that the shower waste pipe is blocked. Will see what I can do tomorrow with some flexi probes and /or chemical drain pipe cleaner. Failing that it may have to be a new pipe. More lying on my back🤪🤪

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Dusty
sorry to hear of the glitches. Drain cleaners aren’t what they used to be since acids were removed from general sale. But the positive is that lying on your back eases the load on your knees.

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Dusty the more things go wrong , to be expected but on that note taking ours to my caravan repairer in the morning there a fault on the toilet flush it not working:)

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
Had a blocked pipe, pored some neat Elson blue down, you know, the one with Formaldehyde in, cleaned pipe after a few days.
Use a bit of bleach, regularly now..

Reactions: Dustydog
May 24, 2014
Visit site
I think you will see more and more caravans being fitted with these new easy glid flaps, and maybe they will be less prone to breaking if less force is needed to open them.

Jun 16, 2020
Visit site
Each year I try to push mains pressure water down all the wastes. It does remove some residue. I hold the hose over the outlets and seal it in position best I can with an old towel. The worst that could happen is a joint may push apart but it hasn’t happened yet. Easy enough to push back on.

John

Reactions: Dustydog
Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Took van in for a repair it had a new pump on the toilet flush so the tank is empty now got put fresh water in and sterilising tablets and then fill it up :)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts