More good customer service.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Last week the car went in for its service and first MoT. Included should have been a wash plus front footwell vacuum. When I went out to drive it away I noticed the mini valet hadn’t been done despite the check sheet being ticked. Given the time and traffic locally I just drove home. Anyway the ubiquitous survey arrived and my overall marks reflected the omission, and I explained my disappointment in the notes. Yesterday afternoon I had a phone call from the group chairman apologising for the omission. and offering to collect and deliver the car for a complete valet at a date of my choosing. Since I’ve just spent two days cleaning and polishing the cars now would not be the best time. So the car goes into the dealers in 4 weeks time after a holiday away, after which it would most certainly require a spruce up.

Since 2005 we have had three Kia’s, one XC70 and a Superb estate from this dealership and despite their inevitable changes over time I’ve always found them to be good. Although with our Kia’s I’ve rarely had to visit them apart from service and MoT.

Jun 16, 2020
Visit site
My car was serviced today. No complaints, but just curious. They did it while I waited. 2.5 hours just sitting by the coffee machine catching up on some writing.

The service was done. Car very nicely washed and hovered.

When I got home I found they had left an unopened litre of oil.

IMG_3673.jpeg

Has anybody else had this?

Next, the price was a fixed price with no extras £251.93. (Typical main dealer prices but nice to maintain the warrantee). But the breakdown is odd. The top one must be the oil. One will be the filter. I wonder what the cartridge oil is.

IMG_3674.jpeg

Any ideas.

The car certainly seemed to feel more powerful, so adjustments must have been made.

Reactions: Dustydog
Jun 16, 2020
Visit site
1. Oil for engine
2 oil for topping up
3 packing for drain plug
4 cartridge filter.
That makes perfect sense and I am sure you are spot on. But the top up oil is nearly double the price of the main oil. And is packing a new word for gasket.

But why did I end up with an extra litre of oil anyway? A modern engine would not normally lose between services, and at all other services I have known that is up to the owner to buy.

I have never known spare oil to be left. Price of this oil now, might try my luck on EBay.😋

I am not complaining, just trying to clarify.

John

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
The packing is for the drain plug. Normal price 96 pence.
I cannot comment on the oil price, normally garages buy it by the 40 gallon drum, so probably cheaper that way.
Packing price
Packing is really a soft Aluminium washer.

Reactions: Jcloughie
Feb 13, 2024
Visit site
That makes perfect sense and I am sure you are spot on. But the top up oil is nearly double the price of the main oil. And is packing a new word for gasket.

But why did I end up with an extra litre of oil anyway? A modern engine would not normally lose between services, and at all other services I have known that is up to the owner to buy.

I have never known spare oil to be left. Price of this oil now, might try my luck on EBay.😋

I am not complaining, just trying to clarify.

John
Spare oil for your lawn mower, making chips, sun tan lotion, use for sexual purposes etc. the list is endless 👌

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Spare oil for your lawn mower, making chips, sun tan lotion, use for sexual purposes etc. the list is endless 👌
I’ve heard of HP oil , but not SP?😉

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts