Moreton in Marsh or Broadway

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi john, we went to Moreton in Marsh last year, a nice site but very busy. As for dogs the site has a good sized dog walking field but to access the surrounding footpaths, of which there are many, you will need to walk to Moreton first along the roadside footpath, about 1/2 mile. Frustratingly a footpath runs along the back of the site but there is no access from the site itself. Can't comment on Broadway as we have never been, only driven past.

Feb 15, 2006
Visit site
john, as julian says moreton is a lovely site but really busy and alot of pitches you cant get your whole outfit on and your car. so you will have a view of your car. the dog walk is a huge field. nice area lovely shops.

broadway is one of my favorite sites. its quiet, nice wardens, huge pitches mostly hard standing and about 3 grass pitches. broadway village is a beautiful chocolate box village with lots of little shops, a chemist, pub, supermarket and lots of little old fashioned shops. there is also a christmas shop. they have lights and carol singers in the village in december.

now the bad points the dog walk is so small its okay if you have a toy dog but anything bigger you could walk off site and down towards the village or down one of the country lanes.

if i had to choose it would be broadway its so beautiful.

jo-anne

May 25, 2005
Visit site
We stayed at Moreton only a couple of times because we found it to be claustrophobic and the pitches are very tight which we found quite unusual for the club .

Broadway is a lovely site set nearby to Broadway Village. However, the dog walk is totally inadequate even for a small dog. I own a Cairn Terrier and, although she is small, the dog walk was out of the question. The road to the village is very busy being used by heavy goods vehicles, etc., and it can be quite noisy at times.

Apr 3, 2005
Visit site
Hi, i have to agree with Jo-anne, Broadway every time for us, we spent 2 weeks there last christmas, loved it so much, we are there again this year!

We walked our 2 down to the village most nights to the local pub!

Jul 11, 2006
Visit site
Hi, i have to agree with Jo-anne, Broadway every time for us, we spent 2 weeks there last christmas, loved it so much, we are there again this year!

We walked our 2 down to the village most nights to the local pub!
Hi Andrew , We are off to Broadway over the New year period, which pub allows the dogs in and any advice on where to walk him would be appreciated . We called in to look around during the summer and noticed the dog walk was miniscule.

Apr 3, 2005
Visit site
Hi Andrew , We are off to Broadway over the New year period, which pub allows the dogs in and any advice on where to walk him would be appreciated . We called in to look around during the summer and noticed the dog walk was miniscule.
Hi Jasper, we cant remember the name of the pub, if you walk into the village, take the first right past the curry house (which incidentally is superb) the pub is on the left, food is very good too!

There is also another pub through the village on the left which allows dogs in.

We didn't find the main road too busy and you can walk both ways along it!

Hope this helps, have a good break, we love Broadway!

Andrew & Sally.

Jul 11, 2006
Visit site
Hi Jasper, we cant remember the name of the pub, if you walk into the village, take the first right past the curry house (which incidentally is superb) the pub is on the left, food is very good too!

There is also another pub through the village on the left which allows dogs in.

We didn't find the main road too busy and you can walk both ways along it!

Hope this helps, have a good break, we love Broadway!

Andrew & Sally.
Thanks Andrew & Sally, Very helpful, looking forward to it.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
hi its our second time at broaway we love it plenty of places to visit great faclities lovley warm showers good size pitches if you dont like road noise go in the centre of the site we also got our digi box working as warden said you could not get it on

the dog walk is not very big but you can walk your dog towards broaway village also you are not far from evesham where you can walk your dog along the river brill site from sue

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Stayed at both sites several times. I would say that Broadway is a little more intimate. I feel there is a little more road noise at Moreton but it depends where you pitch. Moreton is a shorter walk into the town, just!

David

TRENDING THREADS