Morn hill cc Winchester

Nov 4, 2004
Visit site
Site spilt across 2 areas nice site lots of trees,lots to do in the area,go to Intel across the road good fun especially if you have kids.

Pub on road entrance 100 yd walk from site,be careful when exiting site as when you enter the roundabout traffic approaches from the right right quite quickly as you tend to look at what is coming around the rounabout

Feb 17, 2007
Visit site
kopite,

The pub mentioned as being 100 yards away was closed and up for sale last month so we went to The Swan (I think it is called) in nearby Alresford for a meal. Go into Alresford, pub on corner of main road and side stret leading off right to the heritage railway station. Park and ride into Winchester handy. Just check with driver where the stop for the return journey is.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Winchester is a very interesting city but parking is difficult. There is a bus stop near the pub with regular service into city centre - well worth the fare.

Feb 15, 2009
Visit site
This is one of our locals and we used to use it regularly, used to being the prime words, it is supposed to be having lots of work done over the next few years but if the 'improvements' made so far are anything to go by it will be even worse. Last time we visited group of 8 units (vans, tents, caravans) gathered with plethora of windbreaks, lots of noise late at night, early morning. Vans pitched at all angles, very close to other vans. Football pitch for kids installed with caravans parked right next to it. The whole site just looks crowded and is not for us anymore, we've recently cancelled our August bank holiday weekend there and spoke to several other members on out last visit who wouldn't return again.

The area itself is superb, Winchester is fascinating and as Ray said catch the bus rather than try and park there. Alresford also delightful, Watercress Steam Railway. Intech opposite Morn Hill worth a visit. Pub next door now looks a right mess, concrete blocks outside, wasn't much good before either.

Jan 22, 2010
Visit site
Thanks again everyone.But a special thanks to Ian as its our first year we took it it turn`s to pick a site and guess who picked this one thank`s mate.Has anyone got any get out of jail free cards please.thanks awfully

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
The situation as described by Ian, regarding groups of people may well not happen every week and I would have thought quite unsual. Over the years we have stayed many times, because we have relations in the Southampton area. The last time being in 2007. I would accept that the pitches seem too close together but that is the nature of the site. The real problem is that the Caravan Club only own half the site, the other half being owned by the Winchester City Council and the last I heard was that they could not make up their mind about the lease. I think I would agree that Rookesbury Park is a nicer site, some pictures here Rookesbury Park

David

Feb 15, 2009
Visit site
Kopite, I concur with the above with regard to Rookesbury Park, we've changed all our weekends to Rookesbury, slightly more expensive than Morn Hill but so so much nicer. Peace and quiet guaranteed, lovely walks through the Forest of Bere, couple of good pubs within 5-10 minute drive. Wickham village very quaint, small supermarket, tea rooms, chip shop etc. Fareham, 10 minute drive has large Sainsburys and all other High St shops. 15-20 minute drive to Portsmouth or Southampton, same again for Winchester. If you can swap, I would.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts