Morocco Caravan Tour

Jun 28, 2006
Visit site
Hi all....

First real touring holiday and went for the "big one"....Morocco! Just got back from a small group 16 day tour with www.desertdetours.com .....Outstanding. Going back with them again, but on a different route. Saw loads of Mhomes, but no other caravans. Suprised how good then roads were and some of the campsites. But the "wild" camping was best. Problems? wished we had listened and not taken half the stuff, ran out of gas and looks like a week needed to clean caravan!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Ray

We've thought of doing this, too, after my son spent six weeks in Morocco! I presume you took a caravan. I'm going to look on the website you mention - and broaden our horizons for next year (?).

Jun 28, 2006
Visit site
Hi Val

Yes, took a caravan......the company [www.desertdetours.com] run mostly small group Motorhome tours to Morocco but due to demand now do two tours a year only for caravans....Not they say because the two styles do not mix, rather the need for slower pace for caravans, easier location access/parking at sites and wilderness locations.

It was a stunning tour and one we feel we could not have done solo, at least to the locations and areas we visited, we even got to the Erg Chebbie dunes!!

Like I said, can't wait for next year when we are going back with them. Look at the site and ask for the best FAQ pack I have ever seen [free] .

May see you there!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Ray

Had a look at the website this morning (early)!! Which tour did you do? Do they do a separate one for caravans, as some of the roads look a bit hairy (although my better half does love a challenge!). The early tour (March) is now fully booked, and I've asked for information on the other tours next year.

I did Tunisia 12 years ago - and we did a desert tour then (not in the caravan!). I was very moved by the Sahara - it's just so incredibly BIGGGGGG! I brought some sand back with me in an empty coke bottle - and still have it today. I'd love to repeat the desert sunset/sunrise experience so maybe we will see you there!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I know this forum is run by Practical Caravan but the megazine Out And About did two consecutive articles - a readers travels type thing - last year. They travelled solo over the winter months instead of Spain. They even got to Casablanca. The articles really intrigued and inspird me. Only a couple of years to early retirement then we're off across the Straights of Gibraltar for a couple of months.

Jun 28, 2006
Visit site
Hi Ray

Had a look at the website this morning (early)!! Which tour did you do? Do they do a separate one for caravans, as some of the roads look a bit hairy (although my better half does love a challenge!). The early tour (March) is now fully booked, and I've asked for information on the other tours next year.

I did Tunisia 12 years ago - and we did a desert tour then (not in the caravan!). I was very moved by the Sahara - it's just so incredibly BIGGGGGG! I brought some sand back with me in an empty coke bottle - and still have it today. I'd love to repeat the desert sunset/sunrise experience so maybe we will see you there!
Hi Val

We did a tour with them just a few weeks ago, that was made up of just 8 Caravans. Plus thier massive support truck. Routes are well worked to cover the High Atlas, Forest and Sahara area. We never had any problem with the roads, in most cases better than the UK. The Todra Gorge is a bit narrow but still allows for passing vehicles and is very very spectacular.

They are a motorhome specualist tour company and do not mix groups. Caravans have their own tours, just a couple a year. March 07 is a caravan tour but is already full so we are doing one with them in May.........Can't wait!

R

Feb 12, 2006
Visit site
We're going to be in Spain all over the winter and are seriously considering a trip having looked at the web site.I'm sure if there were half a dozen interested members we could persuade them to organise a PC Trip. Happy to negotiate if need be when I get there. If anyone wants to contact me using Sulumor@btinternet.com (my Spam email address) I will let them have my normal email address and contact details. Sounds like it could be fun

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts