Morrisons Jct 17 M5

Jul 5, 2009
Visit site
Hi all

Ive been trying to plan my fuel stop for the run to cornwall next Friday evening/night.

Checking on google maps, there seems to be a Morrisons store around jct 17 of the M5. Does anyone know if it sells fuel, and if so what time it shuts?

Also can I assume that all of the usual suspects for motorway fuel on the M5 (Moto, Welcome Break etc) are all open 24 hours?

thanks

Rick

May 31, 2010
Visit site
We used the asda at jct 17 m5 last year(think its caleed causeway jct) on way back from st ives massive forecourt and we have a twin axle van plenty of room and saved me about ten pound compered to motorway servic stations

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
yes rick it's a ASDA at cribs causway, used it on the way down week afore last diesel was 1.19per ltr will be using it on the way back on friday. it is a 24hr but the fuel kiosk will be closed after 10pm fuel is self service via debit card.

come off at J17 take a left up to roundabout then sharp left again. other ones like michael wood are open 24hrs but a tad expensive @1.24per ltr.

BTW. where abouts are you going in cornwall remember glastonbury is on this w/end and also holsworty vintage car rally sat&sun so the A1072 and A388 will be very busy.

colin

Jul 5, 2009
Visit site
Hi Colin, thanks for the info.

We're going to Watergate Bay at Travarrian. We're travelling down next Friday evening. Setting off from Scunthorpe around 5/6pm, so Im hoping to hit the fuel stop 9/10pm, and be parked up in the overnight field around 1/2am.

I dont think Im using any of those roads, so Im hoping it should be an uneventful drive. Im planning on taking M1 - A42 - M42 - M5 - A30 - A39 - A3059 - then not sure of the road name, but its a smallish road that runs around the North of the Airport, then onto the B3276 for the last mile or so. If anyone knows a better route, please let me know

cheers

Rick

Jun 23, 2008
Visit site
There is also Sainsbury's just off Weston J21 (take the old road signed St Georges I think) and Taunton J25 (Hankridge farm)but do not know if they are 24hrs.

Bill D.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Greetings All,

There's a Morrisons at Cribbs Causeway as well but its not as 'Caravan Friendly' as Asda.

Usually the same price.

I suppose it depends where your loyalties lie (especially in these times of Cards, offers etc.)

Regards

Jul 30, 2007
Visit site
Hey Rick,If you do decide to get your fuel at Cribbs Causeway,just take a moment to admire the landscaping etc...

Im part of the team there who look after the gardens from the motorway right up to the other side of the mall.

We will give the lawns another trim before you arrive....ha ha.

Good luck with your journey.

Jul 5, 2009
Visit site
I think we will definately be stopping at Cribbs Causeway, if not for fuel, definately for a break. Thanks for all of the info, and thanks for trimming the lawns lol.

Now...how to relieve the boredom of a seven to eight hour overnight drive.................

May 21, 2008
Visit site
Hi Rick.

There are both Morrisons and asda fuel stations at Cribbs causeway Jcn 17. Morrisons is very tricky for cars with caravans but the right hand set of pumps is usable. Asda Is much better. There is never more than 1p per Litre difference between them. There are 2 Mc donalds, a Kfc and a carvery by the Mall. The Mc donalds by asda is not suitable for caravans at all.

The next refuelling stop with cheap fuel is Jcn 25 Taunton where if your travelling southbound, the third exit on the roundabout at the end of the slip road takes you to a Total garage and a Harvester. Carry on towards Taunton and at the next roundabout, turning right takes you to sainsbury's and another Mac d's. This one is tight for caravans but you can use the superbowl carpark instead nextdoor.

Hope that helps, safe journey.

Steve L.

TRENDING THREADS