Most Northerly Caravan Site in Britain

Sep 29, 2008
Visit site
Just back from spending the weekend at the most nothern campsite in Britain - Lat: 60.688411N Long: 0.918304W

/sites/practicalcaravan.com/files/images/IMAG0060.jpg

The site is really a CL sized facility with hardstandings. There are basic public toilets next to the site and the facilities of the Gaurdiesfauld Youth Hostel are available directly behind the pitches. The view from your caravan is quite nice...

/sites/practicalcaravan.com/files/images/IMAG0061.jpg

The beauty of this site is nothing compared to the many deserted beaches within a short drive/ good walk.

/sites/practicalcaravan.com/files/images/IMAG0058.jpg

One downside is the trek to get there - overnight ferry from Aberdeen then 2 hours and two inter-island ferry trips to get to the island of Unst.
At least we could miss out the overnight part as we live 'locally' :)

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site
I passed that site last year when visiting the wonderful Shetland Isles - it is well worth the trip. I found it easier to go via the Orkneys though not quite so long at sea! I didn't stay on that site as it wasn't listed in anything I found - but the two sites I stayed at were pretty spectacular too. For once I envied the Motor Homers who were wild camping - in some fabulous places.

Pippah45

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site
I passed that site last year when visiting the wonderful Shetland Isles - it is well worth the trip. I found it easier to go via the Orkneys though not quite so long at sea! I didn't stay on that site as it wasn't listed in anything I found - but the two sites I stayed at were pretty spectacular too. For once I envied the Motor Homers who were wild camping - in some fabulous places.

Pippah45

TRENDING THREADS