Motor homes block views?

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Whilst staying on a site recently with our caravan, we watched another caravanner set up, put up his awning, enjoy his cuppa while appreciating the view and then he and his family got in their car and went out for a while. On his return, three motorhomes had arrived (none had been there previously showing a "motorhome using this pitch" sign). The poor man couldn't even see the nearest tree let alone the lovely view he had when he first arrived! He was very, very angry, two of the motorhomes were nearly the size of coaches and dwafed the caravan in length and height. He told us he might just as well have parked up in the motorway service area with the articulated lorries! He did have a point though - all three motorhomes surrounded him and he couldn't see another caravan at all. Would it now be a good idea to offer especially the large motorhomes, an area of their own on sites - at least that way they would be roughly the same height as each other and not tower over the caravans? I have now heard quite a few complaints on this issue but have luckily managed to escape (so far) being surrounded by large motorhomes. We all try to choose a pitch that offers a reasonable view when we arrive but should always consider other people and try not to spoil their view as well - any thoughts on this one?

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hello Lorraine.

I sympathise with your posting, however unless you are guaranteed an unobstructed view by the site owner then the motor homes have just as much right to be there as you.

I do agree that site onwers could perhapse arrange positions for tall vehicels etc, but I expect they are gald to take whoevers money comes first.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts