Motor Mover Advice

Aug 24, 2010
Visit site
hi, new to the forum,
i was recently looking at one of these enduro motor movers at my local dealer ( County Leisure Caravans )
but i dont know alot about them. The guy offered me an enduro series 2 for £680 fitted or an e-go mover for £750.
are these good prices and whats the difference in the movers? also has anybody had any dealings with this dealer before?
just trying to get some info before i fork out,
thanks.

Apr 9, 2006
Visit site
We went for a Powrtouch mover, which was recommended by several forum members. It was fitted to the caravan on our drive. The fitter did a thorough job and wouldn't go until we were satisfied we understood all the controls and we did a practise move with it. When we remarked how neat all the wiring was, he told us he was a caravanner and wouldn't do a job for anyone that he would not be happy with himself.
We've used it for 2 years now and it is the best bit of kit we have ever bought. No more pushing and pulling, the caravan can be taken to the car for hitching up and no more reversing on to a pitch or into a tight caravan storage spot. Wish we had got one years ago and worth every penny. We have found Powrtouch to be a great company and one we can recommend.

Feb 3, 2005
Visit site
We have an Enduro (so can't speak for any other makes). We have used it for three years and it is fine - wouldn't do without it now. It certainly has all the advantages described by meals on wheels and has allowed us to manoevre with ease on some very difficult, tight, pitches. One thing that is perhaps not appreciated is that it is very good for going downhill as well as up because it acts as a brake. Above all it saves strain on the car clutch when reversing (and on my back!).
I think motor movers in general have come down in price as they have become more popular. I paid more than the price you have been quoted - and thought I had a good deal at the time.

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
I can't comment about Enduro but did have a bad experience with Truma. My caravan mechanic phoned the factory for a spare part but they wouldn't send it for 2 weeks because they were stocktaking. This was in July.
When we bought a new van we had a PowrTouch fitted simply by the lots of recommendations on this forum and the apparent excellent aftercare service which Truma seems to neglect. So far, thankfully, I haven't had the need to test their aftercare service but I'm pleased with the mover.
Others may tell you of how to go about contacting PowrTouch about a pricematch.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
You don't say whether your van is single or twin axle or what the wieght is so it's a bit diffiuclt to comment. However, the previous posters have said everything I would have, so it's always worth getting another quote and saying the magic words 'price match' . You may find that the up front price difference gets less if you get like for like warranties - starting point - included in the price and for 5 years.

But - particularly if you have a medium to large size van and are not in the first flush of youth you may well find it the best thing you've ever bought as an extra. As SWMBO says "It' s a lot cheaper and much more fun than a hernia operation"

Oct 7, 2008
Visit site
We have one of the Ego movers fitted. Not had any real problems with it. A couple of times in the last year I have had to re synch the controller to the hand unit but as it takes seconds it is no big deal. If you are reasonably mobile why don't you fit one yourself and save the best end of £150. It took me around 4 hours to fit ours but that was due to me constantly scuttling indoors seeking shelter from the downpours that day. Without interruptions I recon it can be done in 2 hours easily. Besides the instructions Ego now supply an Instruction DVD so fitting should be more straightforward. All in all a very nice piece of kit. Hope this helps.
Regards
Steve

May 1, 2010
Visit site
We had a Powrtouch fitted to our Abbey in 2000. After 2 years controller in van failed. Phoned Powrtouch they were fantastic. Diagnosed problem over phone, put replacement part in post and arranged for fitter to visit and fit as soon as we confirmed receipt of part. After that no problems and mover changed by dealer to new Abbey van in 2004. Worked fine and in March this year we bought new Bailey from nearest dealer (Chichester Caravans). They advised they could move existing mover from old van to new, as it was nearly 10 years old I decided on a new mover. Although they can fit most makes they recommended Powrtouch because of the Powrtouch guarantee and service. We had new Powrtouch fitted. Great.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts