Motor mover handset

JTQ

May 7, 2005
Visit site
The plastic "holster" it came supplied with, mounted ready to hand just behind the van's door jamb. It is a Powrtouch. Mine is out of sight hidding behind a curtain,
If I had not that purpose made item, I would knock one up as a simple open ended pocket out of 3 mm plywood.

Powrtouch Handset Holder

I can't understand why these things have not been traditionally supplied on a lanyard so dangling from your neck as my works security card did over 20 years ago, would save those who leave it on the "A" frame from making that easy mistake. I made one for mine.

Last edited:
Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Hiya. What do people keep their powrtouch handset in for safe keeping and to hand when you need it. Thanks
In the cars glovebox when wanting to move the van, or touring. In a ziplock bag with the red electrical key with the caravan document folder when at home.

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
We keep everthing in a ZipLock bag that includes the storage details insurance & breakdown cover 13pin socket & and plug green alignment tool keys for caravan and mover handset in the car glovebox

Last edited:
Mar 17, 2020
Visit site
In a plastic box that travels in the boot (unless I leave it on the "A" frame and drive off as I did in France a few years ago!)

I find that my box is a useful place to not only keep the handset but also items such as the alko wheel lock, a hitch lock, wheel brace (used with alko), the little box of alko stuff, the green alignment tool, a Tupperware box with storm straps, a claw hammer, a selection of "ladder" thingies for an awning and the rubber bands some need, a few lengths of nylon cord, a spare peg puller, a tent peg with a length of wire attached and croc. clip at the end and various other bits and bobs.

I'm not usually the most tidy of people. I am really good at putting things down and forgetting where I left them. I'll go so far as to say even the caravan keys are possibly in a pocket, on the floor just inside the caravan door, on the car seat, in the car door pocket, on the "A" frame cover and maybe a few other places.

Hands up anyone who has to go back upstairs to remember why they were upstairs in the first place! lol. (I admit I have done it).

On a serious note I do find that religiously returning stuff to a "home" not only keeps things safe but to know where they are (provided I've not forgotten to return them to the "home"), is a real bonus.

PS. The tent peg with wire attached and croc clip at the end is something I made up in Switzerland. I found my chassis was "live". Couldn't understand why I had a tingle in my fingers if I touched the wheel or the hitch. It disappeared when I changed my EHU to an adjacent one.
Later that holiday I was in Italy and camped next to a German motorhome. I noticed he had grounded his chassis with a tent peg and croc clip. In his view it was not uncommon to suffer some "leakage" and he always used his grounding device.
When I first noticed the "tingling" I telephoned my dealer who assured me there was no safety issue. He said the caravan was protected and no need to be concerned. He put it down to an incorrectly wired EHU and, since it stopped when I changed mine I'm sure he was right.
In truth I've never used the "grounding" device but it sits in my box for the time it may be needed.

Feb 23, 2018
Visit site
In a plastic box that travels in the boot... I find that my box is a useful place to not only keep the handset but also items such as the alko wheel lock, a hitch lock, wheel brace (used with alko), the little box of alko stuff, the green alignment tool, a Tupperware box with storm straps, a claw hammer, a selection of "ladder" thingies for an awning and the rubber bands some need, a few lengths of nylon cord, a spare peg puller, a tent peg with a length of wire attached and croc. clip at the end and various other bits and bobs.

I also have a plastic "Set-up-Box" that travels in the boot containing my steady winder and security items, spirit level, hammer, rock pegs, brake cleaner (need to clean the hitch or it creaks), AutoGlym Rapid Detailer & Fast Glass + Microfibre cloths (to clean the front panel for Towing Jacket) and the bag for my towing mirrors.

However, the mover remote travels in the centre console or door bin where I can see it! The red isolator key is zip-tied to the black thing it goes into in the battery box so I can't lose it!

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
We have the plastic holder in one of the top lockers. I open the locker, leave it open while using the mover so that when i step back into the caravan I remember the handset due to the open locker.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Apart from when I’m shuffling it about on the drive or in storage the van us always locked up when being hitched or unhitched.

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
The Red isolator key is zip tied it goes in the battery box so i cannot lose it.
The Mover Remote goes inthe car centre console..
Lever for the mover travels in the caravan ..
Towing Mirrors go in there own bag in the car

Jan 31, 2018
Visit site
Motor mover and EP controllers live in the key drawer at home(all car,motorbike keys travel with us on hols) next to the caravan keys, and while driving the remotes live in the centre console, and then while on site in the caravan door bin as it's Good for not much imo! As above a place for everything and a routine like this stuck to mean less likelihood of loss. If they dont go in their places panic sets in.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts