Motor mover is mandatory!

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Came across a great site but the rules were onerous including... only caravans with motor mover allowed :silly: :blink: :oops: :blush: :woohoo:

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Dustydog said:
Came across a great site but the rules were onerous including... only caravans with motor mover allowed :silly: :blink: :oops: :blush: :woohoo:

I suppose they have to be working as well. ? What happen if you have a problem with the mover. Hopefully they would have a small mover unit.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
I was on one once and the rule was because they didn’t want cars damaging the grass. Also after pitching cars had to be parked in a communal area away from the vans.

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
otherclive said:
I was on one once and the rule was because they didn’t want cars damaging the grass. Also after pitching cars had to be parked in a communal area away from the vans.
Chew Valley near to Bath pitch your caravan for you with their tractor, and cars have to be left on the nearby car park.
I have to say though that the park is beautifully landscaped and I completely understand why they wouldn't want their verges torn up by careless wheel spinning towcar drivers.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Parksy said:
otherclive said:
Chew Valley near to Bath pitch your caravan for you with their tractor, and cars have to be left on the nearby car park.
I have to say though that the park is beautifully landscaped and I completely understand why they wouldn't want their verges torn up by careless wheel spinning towcar drivers.

Parksy
Yes that is a top site and for years has been top or near the top of the award ratings.

Aug 9, 2010
Visit site
Parking away from your van has been quite common in Netherlands for some time. Their reasoning is for safety, though. I quite like to see a car-less site, especially on our Retro events.

JTQ

May 7, 2005
Visit site
Dustydog said:

Is it really considered "onerous" as I can see it making very good sense in many cases?
If getting the caravan onto or off "your" pitch involves the cars wheels driving over grass plus also with steering changes that can easily churn up the grass. Then many will be using front wheel drive cars and these increase the risks of chewing up. Then there are pitches where however brilliant a "reverser" one may be the physical layout makes it impossible whilst coupled up to get either on or off, the more so with longer units..

Far from "onerous" it paints a picture of a campsite with an interest in keeping it as nice as possible, my sort of caring site.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
JTQ said:
Dustydog said:

Is it really considered "onerous" as I can see it making very good sense in many cases?
If getting the caravan onto or off "your" pitch involves the cars wheels driving over grass plus also with steering changes that can easily churn up the grass. Then many will be using front wheel drive cars and these increase the risks of chewing up. Then there are pitches where however brilliant a "reverser" one may be the physical layout makes it impossible whilst coupled up to get either on or off, the more so with longer units..

Far from "onerous" it paints a picture of a campsite with an interest in keeping it as nice as possible, my sort of caring site.

I think on site you should be able to either drive on or off without a problem if the site is near a river then good drainage should be there, unlike Stratford upon Avon as The Woosies found two years ago, where the owners refused to put us on dry pitches although there were many around. A mud fest for lots of us. .

Aug 11, 2018
Visit site
I can see with children how having the site car free would be an advantage, but for me keeping the site children free would be better.

In the early days we would use the cars battery for the caravan, and so we always wanted the car close, I am lazy so with my Gowing (Renault Kangoo) I would wheel the aqua role into the car to fill it, it was adapted for wheel chair, so easy. Also used it to store the bikes both secure and dry. However many sites do state one car only, and with electric hook up no real need to have car close.

With a 16 foot van OK motor mover, however the Sprite Aerial was that light it would have been silly to fit a motor mover,
31d1ad319bb0ff9f1cfe62146c920db3.jpg
really a motor mover on that!!!

TRENDING THREADS