Motor Mover slipping on tyres

Oct 30, 2008
Visit site
When we bought our s/h van we had a Powrtouch Classic motor mover fitted by the dealer and I have always had problems with the rollers slipping on the tyres.

The dealer adjusted the gap between roller and tyre a couple of times which eventually made it slightly better but of recent the slipping has got worse again.

Of recent I have checked the gap (20mm) , had new tyres (they were getting a little old and wondered if the surface was getting hard so had less grip) and re-checked the gap but problem still there.

Have spoken with Powrtouch and they can offer no advise but will send an engineer (its still under the 5 year warranty) but do tell me if its a service / maintenance issue I will be charged for call out.

Your comments and any ideas from you about why the slipping would be appreciated.
With thanks.

May 24, 2014
Visit site
Definitely sounds like a friction issue. What I can say is that their engineers are pretty darn good and their service excellent.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
I have a classic fir two years and haven’t noticed any slipping. Does sound like a clearance issue. Be interested in the outcome.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
I spoke to Powertouch a few years ago and they were going to change my rollers from the ones that look like very rough sandpaper to the ones with Grooves across them, BUT. Changed the caravan instead. . IThink that Power touch have new owners now. .

Damian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Quote " IThink that Power touch have new owners now. "

They are part of the Truma group and have been for at least 6 years.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Damian-Moderator said:
Quote " IThink that Power touch have new owners now. "

They are part of the Truma group and have been for at least 6 years.

Time passes when your having fun, Thanks Damian.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts