Motor mover switch Q.

Page 2 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Jun 6, 2006
Visit site
I found this in the link but no reference to which year or the specific regs? Not sure if it’s an NCC, or one of the many LPGs? Whatever it seems a no brainer to me.

Regulation 712.528.2.1 states "No electrical equipment, including wiring systems, except ELV equipment for gas supply control, shall be installed in any gas cylinder storage compartment."
Regulations are changed very often these days . Hopefully no one is suggesting applying regs retrospectively😉
“Regulations are changed very often these days . Hopefully no one is suggesting applying regs retrospectively” It would probably come under not to current regulations.

Jun 6, 2006
Visit site
I can’t remember the year exactly, but I can remember the complaints when locker lights like yours stopped being fixed. Some manufacturers put one on the ‘A’ frame but that was a bit useless.

John
I suspect it was around 2010 when the LV & ELV test and inspect came in and picked up on the issue 🤔 or was it a smidge later🥴🤔

Last edited:
Reactions: Jcloughie
Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
How regulations need to be applied will be defined in their wording, so whilst in general they are not applied retrospectively, it's not impossible such as the change to the B & BE licence holding from 1997. So don't assume always check.

Only normal maintenance of an older system can be carried out according to the regulations in force when the system was originally installed. Any modifications , significant repairs, extensions or new installations must be carried out to the latest regulations.

Dec 27, 2022
Visit site
The handset and control box are digitally tied so there is zero chance of any other remote activating your unit.
Two of us were trying to manoeuvre onto our pitches using our motor movers. It was impossible until one of us stopped and let the other get on as the mover controls were interfering with each other.

Oct 8, 2006
Visit site
Correct. They use the same radio frequency (from memory 433.92MHz) but the coded messages sent both ways are all different. Hence two units close together will interfere with each other until one stops transmitting.

Reactions: Dustydog
Jun 16, 2020
Visit site
I wasn't advocating anything, I was merely posting my previous fitments.
Very sorry. But your post could easily be construed as advice to the OP. As we tend to offer answers to the OP in this forum format.

I cannot think of another purpose to post it. Perhaps my mistake.

John

Jun 9, 2023
Visit site
I have deleted my posts on this topics it was obvious that "SOME" people would rather criticise than give constructive suggestions to the original posts.

In addition, one viewer/poster on here actually tracked me down on social media and gave me both barrels. 😂

@keyboardwarriors

Jun 16, 2020
Visit site
In my opinion, people were not criticising you personally, simply interpreting the law as it is today.

However, attacking you personally on social media is highly unacceptable. It really should not happen, please don't let it colour your opinion off the membership in general.

John

Jun 9, 2023
Visit site
In my opinion, people were not criticising you personally, simply interpreting the law as it is today.

However, attacking you personally on social media is highly unacceptable. It really should not happen, please don't let it colour your opinion off the membership in general.

John
Having read the posts I sent, I could see why some would be concerned, hence I deleted the posts.

I definitely will not be put me off the site. Too valuable for info and help.

The person who attacked me online is a member on here, or was.. It's was reported to the Police due to the content regarding me and my Good lady. He has been charged accordingly.

Screen Shots R Us...…😂

I'm an ex-cop and think he had a problem in that area. Lets just say, I've had previous dealings with him and his family.

Saying nothing more, or can't say more, on the subject as its now a matter of Sub-judicay.

Karma................

Aug 12, 2023
Visit site
Having read the posts I sent, I could see why some would be concerned, hence I deleted the posts.

I definitely will not be put me off the site. Too valuable for info and help.

The person who attacked me online is a member on here, or was.. It's was reported to the Police due to the content regarding me and my Good lady. He has been charged accordingly.

Screen Shots R Us...…😂

I'm an ex-cop and think he had a problem in that area. Lets just say, I've had previous dealings with him and his family.

Saying nothing more, or can't say more, on the subject as its now a matter of Sub-judicay.

Karma...............beung

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I'm not going to get involved with any discussion on the rights or wrongs of the regulation as that is pointless as it is the law. You should also be made aware that transgressions of the Gas Safety Regulations fall under the Health and Safety legislation and as such convictions fall under Criminal law and can result is fines and custodial sentences.
For some reason you have posted a direct quote from one of my earlier posts in this thread. As you have not added any reason or comment , I'm wondering why?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts