Motor mover.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I will be collecting my new caravan which is a new Bailey Pageant Bretagne in March 2005.I have requested a motor mover be fitted.

My questions are

1.Are they a good thing.

2.Do they add much weight.(I have been advised there will not be much).

3.My car has a towing weight of 1800kgs and a nose weight of 75kg. kerbweight of car is 1600kg.

I have been towing for twelve years and driving lorries (big ones) also.

All advice will be welcome.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hello kitch, Motor movers are very good for getting the van in difficult places,s or you are not very good at reversing (however in your I don,t supopose this is a problem), it also saves on the clutch as there is no need to use the car to reverse it into position.

I have one and wouldn't be without it now. Hope this helps

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Kitch

Whether a mover will be of any use to you will depend on circumstances!! If you can always reverse into a clear space and never have to man handle the caravan then I suspect it won't. But hey, life ain't like that. We have a Reich Move Control and are delighted with it and its difficult to imagine caravanning life without it. They add about 25/30kgs to the weight of the van.

David

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
kitch/ are you sure you have got it right Car kerbweight=1600kg.Towing weight =1800? I thought that you could only tow 85%of the kerbweight ,or may be i read it wrong Any way you have chosen a good van i dont know much about movers but there has been lots of info on them on previous pages,any way good luck and enjoy your new van

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Response to Coljac, You have your facts a little muddled. Every car manufacture will specify the maximum weight of trailer thier vehicle can tow. Some cars have less than and some have more than thier kerb weight, just depends on the model. The 85% figure is guideline which in many cases makes a good starting point, but sucsssfull combinations depend on many other factors such as how the van is loaded, and the driving style. Without knowing Kitche's makes and models you can't endorse or condemn his combination. As for mover systems, yes their weight will impact the pay load capacity of the caravan by up to 40Kg, (dependant on model)and most owners swear by them.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
We have had a mover fitted for over a year now and have found it excellent. We can now use pitches which before there was no way I could reverse onto. Plus it is effortless, now I push a button which is a lot easier than pushing 1300kgs of van

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
a motor mover of 30kgs will reduce your bretagne user payload to 196 kgs. If you want to increase this bailey will replate it to a higher mptlm. cost

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts