Motor movers

Damian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Jim, I would recommend a Powrtouch, mainly because I have one, and it is an excellent bit of kit, with a 5 year guarantee, and the company really do honour that guarantee.

If you have a problem while you are away, they wil arrange for an engineer to visit you on site to fix it, or at home,or in storage.

If you are not within an engineers reach, ie abroad, they will send the parts out to you,and explan how to fit them.

I do not know of any other company who do this.

Jun 28, 2007
Visit site
I've got the Truma Mover SE fitted.

Very easy to use , it has the 'smooth start' which electronically engages the rollers (takes about 15seconds).

I use it mainly on the drive which has a gradient. But I have used it on site , on a wet grass pitch that was sloping and very uneven , to get the van up onto the levelling ramps. Worked fine.

Mainly opted for this as it formed part of a deal I did with the dealer when I purchased the van and it effectively costed me no more than some cheaper varients.

I've no idea what the technical differences are with other systems or what Truma support is like , however it seems robust , and so far its done what I've needed it to do.

May 7, 2007
Visit site
Hi Jim, I to have the Powrtouch Motor Mover model 3 with power Acuator, below is a coment from a previouse post.

I have now had the mover fitted and used a few times and would not be without it now.

Hope it helps.

Graham (Ponty)

Hi Folks,

Just wanted to share my good fortune with you all and tell you what a great deal I have just had. I just phoned Powrwheel Ltd, for a price on the Powrtouch 3 model and also the Powractuator to go with it which normaly retails at

Sep 10, 2007
Visit site
I must concur with Damian and others, the Powrtouch is the one I would go for. I had a Truma systyem on my previous van and had a great deal of trouble to get it repaired under warranty 14 months after purchase. On the other hand I had a Powrtouch fitted to my new van 18 months ago and their response from them to a recent problem was to post me a new electronics box and remote control ready for the engineer to fit a few days later.

If they keep that up for the 5 years of the warranty I will be a very happer camper. Roger

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Powrtouch for me too - see Thread DIY Motor Mover. Engineering and service both superb.

Talk to them before you buy and if there is any doubt go for the heavy duty model, particularly if your van is heavy and/or has 14" or larger wheels.

Sep 15, 2007
Visit site
Hi,

Can certainly recommend powrtouch - 5yrs guarantee means 5yrs guarantee - ours is now 5yrs old so is now out of warranty.

We have had a new control box, just before Xmas a new left hand motor and hey ho, just after Xmas a new right hand motor.

Each time the fitter came out within 2 days.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts