Motorhome Alarm Installation

Mar 21, 2024
Visit site
Good evening , I recently posted images of the habitation door alarm sensor fitted at the bottom of the door by the supplying dealers auto electrician subcontractor .
I’m due to collect the vehicle next week but when I viewed it recently I spotted the floor had been drilled to pass the alarm wire through the floor near the habitation door and also that wires had been fixed to the underside of the garage floor which look unsightly and exposed .
This has made me question the overall quality of the installation of the alarm and other work done to the motorhome which is brand new .
Any thoughts and comments would be much appreciated , thank you . IMG_0280.jpegIMG_0507.pngIMG_0503.png

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
If you believe the work is not of satisfactory, or of merchantable quality then you may have a legitimate reason to not accept the work carried out under your statutory consumer rights.

Read up about your rights under the Consumer Rights Act. and how to challenge what you consider is substandard work. You may have to formally reject the work.

You may need to seek evidence of how the work should have been carried out, though I'm not sure where you would find such evidence.

Take photos, and write down exactly why you think the work is substandard, and send it to your fitting company asking for corrective work to be carried out,

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
If you believe the work is not of satisfactory, or of merchantable quality then you may have a legitimate reason to not accept the work carried out under your statutory consumer rights.

Read up about your rights under the Consumer Rights Act. and how to challenge what you consider is substandard work. You may have to formally reject the work.

You may need to seek evidence of how the work should have been carried out, though I'm not sure where you would find such evidence.

Take photos, and write down exactly why you think the work is substandard, and send it to your fitting company asking for corrective work to be carried out,
They haven't taken delivery of the unit yet, so not sure if CRA 2015 could be applied. However they could cancel the order before taking delivery.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts