Motorhomes Beware!

Mar 17, 2020
Visit site
Seems at least one Council is discouraging motorhomes . I wonder how many more will be doing the same.
Not having had a motorhome myself I can't comment other than to say it always astonishes me that some will park an expensive vehicle "cheek by jowl " in the most unwelcoming car parks and even on suburban roads to have a holiday!
I've seen countless height barriers in Europe and perhaps things are beginning to move in that direction in the UK.
Barrier.jpg

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
A long while ago some of the north Wales beach car parks installed height barriers which even required entering with a disco 2 a careful approach.

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Seems at least one Council is discouraging motorhomes . I wonder how many more will be doing the same.
Not having had a motorhome myself I can't comment other than to say it always astonishes me that some will park an expensive vehicle "cheek by jowl " in the most unwelcoming car parks and even on suburban roads to have a holiday!
I've seen countless height barriers in Europe and perhaps things are beginning to move in that direction in the UK.
View attachment 649
I to have never own a Motorhome , (it looks lovely there where is this place) ?

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
A long while ago some of the north Wales beach car parks installed height barriers which even required entering with a disco 2 a careful approach.
I also agree with otherclive we saw these installed height barriers .in some beach car parks in north wales while we were on holiday

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I doubt it's a policy specifically to discourage motor homes, it's more likely to prevent commercial traffic or possibly our travelling non rate payers from taking up residence in these places.

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Those height barriers are a real PITA for us as we have a roof box so need approximately 2.4m clearance. During the summer we leave the roofbox on the car even though it is empty.

Nov 6, 2005
Visit site
I doubt it's a policy specifically to discourage motor homes, it's more likely to prevent commercial traffic or possibly our travelling non rate payers from taking up residence in these places.
In many holiday places, there's more problem with wild-camping motorhomers than travellers.

May 7, 2012
Visit site
I am afraid this is down to the freeloaders who stay overnight on the car parks to avoid site fees and leave a mess behind. They are giving motor homes a bad name and the innocent will suffer while the offenders just park up somewhere else and wreck that. The areas are tourist ones so I doubt commercial traffic is the problem there although it might be in some urban areas.

Reactions: Dustydog and RogerL
Mar 17, 2020
Visit site
I to have never own a Motorhome , (it looks lovely there where is this place) ?

Smiling Here - Sadly my friend Beachball you and I will never meet if you think this looks lovely!
A row of cars facing a stony featureless beach! Yuk. Not for us .

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts