motormovers

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
hi there was some disscusion re motors i was under the impression there was only 2 sizes ie single axel or twin. we decided we wanted a powertouch after reading recomends on this forum and the special offer of £599.i phoned them to book and was told that the one on offer would not be suitable for my 1300kl van and i would need a larger unit cost £870 ussally £1025 unless i could get a quote for a truma mover cheper then they would price match so anyone know were you can get a truma cheeper than £870 cheeres

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Wouldn't bother Pete..Powertouch or nothing.Their aftersales is great and it's a better built product ,if you find someone selling cheap Truma movers they're probably clearing them out to stock Powertouch..(that's what we did)..Ssshhh

Mike.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Pete - there have been many postings on motor movers over the past few months and there is a clear indication that Powrtouch is the one to buy

I understand that 3 models are available and do ask powrwhel for advice on which model you need for your van. They fitted mine at my storage facility. they delivered the equipment as per schedule, the fitter came 2 days later and to date nothing has failed. they give a 5 years warranty which shows how confident they are in the product. and after all these days 5 years is a lifetime. IMHO

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I'm thinking of fitting a mover & have been told by a dealer that I can't fit a Powertouch or a Reich because of the spare wheel carrier mounted under the van behind the wheels. This means that a Powertouch or Reich would have to be mounted on the front of the wheels and only the Carver/Truma would fit behind the wheels with the spare wheel carrier in place.

This all sounded like a load of bunk to me, so can anyone help out with further information or advice as I would rather have a Powertouch than a Carver. If I fitted a Powertouch to the front of the wheels would it work OK? Thanks.

May 25, 2005
Visit site
Just been to check my Powrtouch mover - definitely fitted to the front of the wheels. Don't be taken in by the dealer. Does he only sell Truma????

I might add that prior to having the Powrtouch fitted we had a Truma and this was also fitted to the front of the wheels!!!

Pwrtouch is definitely the best we found on the market. The 'no quibble' guarantee is fantastic.

I have heard that since Powrtouch came on the market Truma are suffering with very poor sales!!!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Wouldn't bother Pete..Powertouch or nothing.Their aftersales is great and it's a better built product ,if you find someone selling cheap Truma movers they're probably clearing them out to stock Powertouch..(that's what we did)..Ssshhh

Mike.
I've found Truma after sales service excellent. Even when my unit was out of warranty by a couple of months they replaced the ECB and remote control free of charge. That was two hundred and thirty five quids worth that they could have shied away from

I can't complain at that - I can only speak as I find. Mind you, I agree, the unit shouldn't have burnt out in the first place but hey, these things happen.

Truma Mover on offer in the October issue of PCV page 72 supplied and fitted for

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts