moving caravan cornwall

seb

Jul 21, 2021
Visit site
Hi guys

Our 11 yr old caravan is due to leave the site its on in North Cornwall /or be scraped due to it being to old for the site .. just wondering if anyone new any nice park that take older caravans in North Cornwall as we defo cant afford a new one and would hate to lose it as it in good condition .

kind regards
seb

Oct 8, 2006
Visit site
Is there anything in the contract with the site that says caravans over a certain age cannot be accommodated, assuming of course you have a contract? If not then he cannot move you without good reason - and I doubt caravan age would stand up as a 'good reason?'

Sounds like a snobbish site owner who doesn't deserve your business - or anyone else's for that matter! Flame him/her on Fb/Tw/ Ig or whatever social media you use.

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
You are probably on the wrong forum-although the lovely helpful people on here will do their best. This forum is almost entirely touring caravan based and some motorhomers. TryCaravan Talk forum as they have a Statics section.
Hope you find somewhere
mel

Reactions: Hutch
Jan 19, 2002
Visit site
Sadly you might also need to weigh up the cost of transporting a static even if you could find somewhere to site it, I think a lot of sites do have an age limit for static vans, as while yours might have been well maintained sadly that is not always the case. Indeed I recall also seeing some totally decrepit tourers on long term seasonal pitches too! I know of sites in Norfolk that have a waiting list so as pitches or vans become available they are getting snapped up straight away.

May 7, 2012
Visit site
Assuming the terms of your contract with the site allows them to tell you to remove the caravan then I think you will find it difficult to move it as most sites will not accept second hand ones. The best forum for you might be Caravan Talk which has a section for static owners who will know more about the subject.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts