Moving my caravan

Apr 11, 2020
Visit site
Hi Guys
Am new on here just wondered if anyone can give me any advise
I have a 2004 caravan on the fir tree site in Bridlington we have next year only then they want it off site has its classed has to old fir the site .
To be honest its not a bad caravan and its Shame to get rid of it ,so I wonder if any sites would let me move it to their site .
If anyone can help ir advise me please send me a message

Kind regards
P.s must be dog friendly

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
Hi. Welcome to the forum. Is it a static caravan or a touring van on a seasonal pitch? As this is a tourer and Motorhome forum primarily, we might struggle to advise if it is a static. If a tourer, try the two major clubs seasonal pitches. I don’t think they have the same age constraints as private seasonal sites. Alternatively, if it is a tourer, have a look at sites that do store and pitch. The site where our tourer is seasonal has an age limit on seasonal pitches but not on store and pitch.
If it is a static, you may get more response from a forum for statics. Good luck.
mel

Jan 19, 2002
Visit site
if it is a static van you should also try to get some costings for removal and re-siting as this may be prohibitively expensive. My understanding is that many sites have an age restriction, but I am not at all sure what they expect to happen to the vans that have 'expired'.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
When my father had one in Devon it either had to be sold back to the site owner at a very low price if he declined to buy a new one from them. If he’d bought a new one the trade in price was better but that’s like any type of trade in. If he’d not wanted to deal with the site owner then he was given a date when it had to be removed by. So he sold it to a local farmer fir a holiday let, and arranged transport via a company that delivered and moved static caravans in that area. He had bought it pre owned and used it for ten years or so. Going down in early April and returning to Leicester by mid November. So he’d had good value from it. And as far as my recollection goes he never had any damp either.

May 7, 2012
Visit site
If it is a static then it is a common problem. Sites want to keep their site looking fresh and sell more statics and frankly I would never even look at one. If yours is a 2004 then you have been lucky as many put a ten year limit on them, and give you a ten year lease so that they can get you off. To some extent when they do ask you to go may depend on whether they can relet the pitch and they may take rent on a year to year base if the feel the need to.
Basically you are often very much at their mercy as they can write their own rules and you need to check with them that they will let you remove this, and on what terms bearing in mind you need to bring in a heavy lorry just to move it.
One site I know of round here will make it very difficult and basically they have a contact in Northern Ireland who will come across, check it out, and offer you a few hundred pounds knowing the problems you will have if you do not accept.
As the removal is not until next year you will need to ring round and possibly use social media to try and find someone who will take it.
If it is a tourer using a seasonal pitch then ringing round other sites should work but if it has been on the same site for some years then you will need to see if it is roadworthy and up to the journey.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts