Mtplm weight plate increase.

Dec 7, 2005
Visit site
Having recently purchased and recieved my new van I asked my dealer if the weight rating plate could be increased. I ended up contacting the manufacturer who said it could and my dealer arranged for the new plate to be sent to me. I have now received the plate which just sticks on over the old plate, and this has set me thinking! Surely there must be some kind of paperwork alterations to say my specific van has been 'up rated'. My dealer is saying there are no paperwork changes required. If I were to be stopped and checked, my van may show heavier than any printed (brochures etc) technical data?

Any comments would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Mike

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hello Mike,

Brochures usually have a disclaimer printed in them that basically says the brochure is only an indicative representation, and the actual product may vary.

So if you are stopped for any reason, it is only the weights on the data plate on the caravan that will be used to checking compliance.

I do advise contacting Cris to advise them of the changes, so when you come to sell the caravan all the details are properly logged with them.

of the actual product may vary from teh printed

Aug 4, 2005
Visit site
Mike,

I had considered doing exactly the same as you have done. Due to having an AWD motor mover fitted my payload was obviously greatly reduced. According to the manufacturer (Bailey) this was easily done through the dealer and, as you say, a new plate would be issued. There would have been a

Aug 4, 2005
Visit site
The Prof is obviously quicker on the keyboard than I am, his post appeared after I read the original and before mine appeared.I had thought about the Cris document but without official paperwork from manufacturer how can you prove to Cris that the new info you wish on the CRIS document is correct? Surely they will not just take your word that the weights have been altered?

Aug 2, 2009
Visit site
The CRiS document does not show the weight, that is on the NCC certificate you get with the van, it is a replacement one of those that you should request.

We had our Sterling Searcher uprated from 1815kg to 1900kg and Swift sent us a new NCC certificate.

Dec 30, 2009
Visit site
Mike, we had our Sterlings mptlm increased via the manufacture, we got a new plate delivered with a new National caravan council certificate, with the uprated figure in it. what we did was take the old plate off and stuck it on the back of the certificate so if anybody would like to down rate it in the future (maybe for a smaller car) all the details are to hand.

kevin

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts