Mud flaps on Caravans?

Nov 19, 2006
Visit site
Checking my van today noticed a lot of mud up behind wheel along chassis. Can you get mud flaps for caravans or is that a dopey question? Seems to me it would cut down a lot of spray/mud being thrown onto floor of caravan

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
You can easily make some by cutting off the top section of some cheap car mudflaps so that it is straight across the top

Then screw a strip of 2" X 1" timber to the rear top of the flap with wider side to the rubber/plastic

Drill 2 holes in each wodden strip fom top to bottom and fix to the van floor with 2 wood screws

I had a Compass that came so equipped and transferred the flaps to a couple of later vans before I forgot to remove them on trade in

The ones made as above are now on the 3rd van

Nov 19, 2006
Visit site
You can easily make some by cutting off the top section of some cheap car mudflaps so that it is straight across the top

Then screw a strip of 2" X 1" timber to the rear top of the flap with wider side to the rubber/plastic

Drill 2 holes in each wodden strip fom top to bottom and fix to the van floor with 2 wood screws

I had a Compass that came so equipped and transferred the flaps to a couple of later vans before I forgot to remove them on trade in

The ones made as above are now on the 3rd van
Many thanks for the tip. Seems to me there could be a few bob to be made if a company started producing flaps-they could almost be generic.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts