muddy caravan

Mar 16, 2005
Visit site
Has anyone got a good tip to prevent my tow car 98 Ford Maverick

throwing mud from the road up the front of my van. It has factory fitted mudflaps but they do not seem to be very effective. Ray

Mar 14, 2005
lutzschelisch.wix.com
Count yourself lucky that it's only mud that can be washed off. When we took our caravan to Iceland and drove down unsurfaced roads, the car was throwing up stones which rebounded off the caravan and on to the roof of our Vectra. When we got back home it was ripe for a new paint job. OK, small comfort but I haven't got a better answer other than avoiding muddy roads. I know some caravanners cover the front end which protects the paint but you've still got to wash the cover when it's got mucky.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Ray

I posted a similar problem with my Sorento (8 March). The factory fitted mudflaps are only 3" long and do not prevent the mud being thrown up on to the van.I am looking around for mudflaps from a different vehicle which should be longer and easy to fit to my car.Most of the newer vehicles have the short stylish flaps which are ineffective.I have also thought about buying some rubber sheet and cutting it to size and extending the length of the ones already fitted.

Regards Jim

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Ray

I posted a similar problem with my Sorento (8 March). The factory fitted mudflaps are only 3" long and do not prevent the mud being thrown up on to the van.I am looking around for mudflaps from a different vehicle which should be longer and easy to fit to my car.Most of the newer vehicles have the short stylish flaps which are ineffective.I have also thought about buying some rubber sheet and cutting it to size and extending the length of the ones already fitted.

Regards Jim
why not get some lorry mudflaps and cut down to fit

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Ray

Regards Jim
Mine fitted to my Rover 75 are much better than the ones that were fitted to our Citeron C5

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Ray

Regards Jim
Hi ray the Mud flaps fitted to my Rover 75 tourer seem to be a little longer than most that are fitted to the moden car certainly longer thans those fitted to my Citeron C5

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts