Mule security device

blu

Apr 16, 2007
Visit site
Hi Folks

Has anyone had any experience fitting one of these devices.They seem to be a system that fixes to the van chassis then winds down a blade that digs into the ground if the van is towed away.

My question is at home were i store our van it is between two walls and the van goes in hitch first,Could this device be fitted back to front.ie to stop the van being pulled out of storage position.

Thanks in advance

Sean

May 25, 2005
Visit site
We had a mule fitted to our TA Hobby. It was fixed so that the caravan could not be towed away whilst the mule was in the down position when on site. I have never heard of anyone wishing to fit one backwards and, indeed, why would you need to do this as it would be difficult to access the towing hitch if your van is stored 'nose' in.

Ann

Aug 4, 2005
Visit site
Sean,

I fitted one of these a good number of years ago, but couldn't say for certain if it could be reversed so that your van can't be pulled out backwards from its storage position. I had a couple of problems while fitting mine and phoned the manufacturer. I found them very helpful and suggest you give them a call.

Robert

blu

Apr 16, 2007
Visit site
Hi Folks

Cheers for replies

Ann, i cant see what you are getting at,why would it be difficult to access my hitch,i would access it exactly as i do now except i would raise the mule before i push it backwards out of storage. the mule would be to prevent the van being pushed backwards out of storage rather than towed forwards as it would normaly be used.

Cheers Rob i will email manufacturer and see if i get any joy.

Sean

May 25, 2005
Visit site
Hi Blu

I must have read your thread wrongly as I assumed, it seems quite wrongly, that although you park your 'van nose in that the tow bar would be up against a wall or fence. This would prove a little more difficult to pinch if this was the case as theives would have to negotiate wandering around your caravan taking more time which would, hopefully, arouse your neighbours to something going wrong. Thieves usually go for an 'easy' target and don't like hanging about too long. Sorry if I read youy message wrong.

Ann

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts