multi country touring and gas

May 21, 2016
Visit site
We are returning to touring but we want to be able to go to several countries per trip (long Trips up to 2 months at a time) as I understand most countries use there own regulators for there local caz canisters. We don't want lots of different canisters for obvious reasons. Anybody with practical solutions welcome.

Jun 24, 2005
Visit site
A lot depends on how often you are hooked up to the electricity supply and how much cooking you do in the 'van. We go to Portugal for 2 months in the winter and only use about one and half bottles of gas which we take with us. The heating/hot water/fridge are all on electric so we just use the gas for cooking.

You might be lucky and find a place that will refill any gas bottles but you can't rely on this.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
I would think getting a gas bottle that you can refill from lpg in garages, ie gas flow etc. Or take Camping Gaz cylinders that are available in most countrys in Europe. I have been surprised as to how little gas we use over a month when away given that we BBQ most days using the vans gas supply.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Initially it can be but, if you are are an all year round caravanner or European tourer then its worth the cost in the long run, havent gone for it myself as the longest trip we do are 6 weeks in Europe. and if I did run out I would buy Le Cube in France. .

Jun 19, 2016
Visit site
Buffers said:
Thanks I did not think that UK gas bottles could be refilled eslewhere

There are four different LPG filling nozzles used at service stations across Europe.
In the UK we have a bayonet fitting, Spain and Portugal use the Euro connector, Germany, Ireland, Netherlands and Belgium use the Acme fitting and France, Italy and Poland use the Dish fitting, you can get a set of adapters for about £20, (I keep a set in the Discovery as its LPG converted) which I would assume you can use on the refillable bottles,

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Le cube, in France about €20 for a 6kg bottle, dont know how much to buy one, but they have a similar fitment to the BP gas, but will tell you later, as I am over here for 6 weeks, and surprisingly have 3 calor lights in the front and also water heater full, and still only have 85 kg nose weight, towing really nicely, but when we leave Vermenton after three weeks, to go south, put the 10 kg of dog food into the caravan from the car.
Having a lovely time
Hutch, Elaine and Dogs.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
20160731_181848_zpshvdrtlwo.jpg

Dec 7, 2006
Visit site
Hi, we frequently tour abroad for 8 weeks or more and have recently returned from a 12 week trip down to Rome. I took 2 lightweight Calor bottles but didn't even use up one. We use a James Martin electric griddle for BBQs and an electric 8 in 1 for general use. We're paying for the electricity so why not use it. Also the griddle has the best non stick finish I've ever seen. Stopped using the Cadac which has the worst non stick finish. Shocking for such a pricey item. No need to mess about with regulators or refills. Go electric.

May 21, 2016
Visit site
the gas adapters, I have seen on easy bay a euro set or the Euro set full D. Or would it be best to have both sets I have tried to upload a picture but failed miserable.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts