municipal sites

Mar 25, 2009
Visit site
Can anyone advise me on municipal sites in France.Its our first time going down through France into Spain and whilst I find many sites how do you actually book these sites or is it on a first come basis just turning up.Your help would be appreciated.

thks

Ian

Dec 14, 2006
Visit site
You can sometimes book - if they have a telephone number or email address - either directly or through the local Mairie, but most people don't. They do sometimes get full - so the motto is to get there early if you're travelling in peak season. If you plan to arrive about 4.00 pm then you'll beat most other people - the mad rush won't start until about 5.00 through until 6.30 or 7.00 ish.

Many sites have barriers, now, though, so check out the barrier opening times. We've been on a couple of sites where they are actually padlocked in place so if you want an early start best to find out before you get to the gate and find it won't open!

Jul 10, 2005
Visit site
Its always good to phone ahead once you know more or less where you will be that evening, we have found that in most cases the receptionists who are mostly part time in the evenings will wait on for you within reason.

Aug 8, 2006
Visit site
I found out the location of them via the Caravan Club's Caravan europe book, and then look the sites up on the web. Some have websites and online booking, others, you can book by emailing the mairie.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts