Music whilst driving

Hi,

Everybody knows that whilst driving background music helps to pass the time of day and you can have a sing song with the family, but do I need to pack 50 cd's or does anybody have advice on good english speaking radio stations we can listen to whilst we drive down to the South of France?

Mar 27, 2005
Visit site
we go to France to get away from hearing the same old stuff and news you get bombarded with every 10 minutes here.

when there we listen to RFM , a french station heard right across the country who play a good mix of English music , loads from the 80s you dont hear much of here anymore plus some of the top French stuff.can listen on-line to get a taster on www.rfm.fr . click on the link "en ce moment sur rfm" & listen live.we found listening to that we didnt need the cd on much at all.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Go to your local library and take out a selection of talking books which suits your families taste. you will be surprised at the choice of stories available. I also when going on a long journey prerecord tapes of radio plays and listen to them whilst driving - you will be surprised at how the time passes. and if the young ones are in the inquisitive time in their education you can have discussions on the tapes content.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I fully endorse Shiraz's comment. I think the predictability of music takes less effort to listen to, so you are more aware of the passage of time.

The spoken word requires a little more brain power and takinig in the meaning behind a conversation masks the passage of time.

On a long journey I find Radio 4 is a good companion.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I fully endorse Shiraz's comment. I think the predictability of music takes less effort to listen to, so you are more aware of the passage of time.

The spoken word requires a little more brain power and takinig in the meaning behind a conversation masks the passage of time.

On a long journey I find Radio 4 is a good companion.
Whilst travelling a journey of any length I look at the Radio times and record afternoon plays, serials concerts and many topics which I normall have no time to listen to. My wife and I have similar tastes in music and find that returning to the radio you sharp get into the feeling of being in the middle of a stage and studio, and the car is like a pair of earphones when listning. I have spent a great number of hours listening to the radio but I can well see problems when people of differing tastes have to use the car radio etc.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts