My Blonde Moment....doh!!!

Jul 30, 2007
Visit site
Caravans in for a service tomorrow so last week I removed most of our belongings from it.

Saturday I spent 5 hours washing the outside.

Today I went to storage compound and spent 3 hours cleaning and polishing the inside.

While I was polishing,I happened to notice the mover remote on the top of the unit,but no red key🤔

I searched everywhere but to no avail......its gone.

Must have lost it after I washed it on Saturday.

Drove over to Chipping Sodbury caravans and bought another key.

Got home and began emptying my bag containing polish,used microfibre towels etc...

While I'm tipping it all out on the kitchen worktop,what also dropped out?????

Yep....you guessed it🤣

How it got mixed up with the dirty cloths I don't know.

Still.....at least I now have a spare👍

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
I have my "red" key tied to the battery next to the switch for the motor mover. Double knots as well

May 24, 2014
Visit site
We all do it. Last trip out we were booked onto a fully serviced pitch, so instead of taking both barrels I only took one and of course left the wastematser behind. We had also booked a two night stopover on the way down, which wasnt fully serviced. I had taken the wrong barrel, i.e. the one without the pre prepared float and no wastemaster at all. I wont tell you what my wife called me.

Jul 30, 2007
Visit site
I'm not the only one then🤣
Good idea about tying it to the battery but my battery is under the floor in the van.
I've even got a luminous piece of twine tied to the key so I wouldn't lose it.

Last edited:
Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
We keep the key and remote plus a mini screwdriver for the remote cover in a ziploc bag. There’s always a spare red key in the caravan odds and sods box that lives in the caravan.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Yes red key, fuses, a few connectors, epoxy putty, water hose O rings etc. Plus too much more but all less than 1 kg.
Plus spare water pipes, spare water pump, AAA, AA, and PP3 batteries, electric pump for air awning, spare Mains power unit, small vacum cleaner, hand brush dust pan. It all soon adds up. Say 5 kg plus.

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
We all do it. Last trip out we were booked onto a fully serviced pitch, so instead of taking both barrels I only took one and of course left the wastematser behind. We had also booked a two night stopover on the way down, which wasnt fully serviced. I had taken the wrong barrel, i.e. the one without the pre prepared float and no wastemaster at all. I wont tell you what my wife called me.
I can imagine !

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Plus spare water pipes, spare water pump, AAA, AA, and PP3 batteries, electric pump for air awning, spare Mains power unit, small vacum cleaner, hand brush dust pan. It all soon adds up. Say 5 kg plus.
All your come in handy stuff would not fit in my O&SB which sits neatly in an overhead locker near to the front which has a cut out that I can pass the box through and still use the normal locker volume. Other stuff is distributed around the van in various cubby holes.

May 7, 2012
Visit site
I have spare fuses and spare mirrors but not a lot else. The number of things that can go wrong are so high I might need another trailer to fit it all in.

Reactions: Thingy

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts