My Cadac has a wind problem

Sep 8, 2006
Visit site
Hi all. I have a Cadac Eazi-chef which I only have 1 problem with... Not very good outside even in the slightest of breeze. Any solutions? Thanks, Dan.

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
Our Cadac is also not good in the wind. The flame just blows out. Didn't take a wind break with us on the last trip so really noticed it. We do have the domed lid. Will this stop it going out? We've got the Carri Chef btw.

mel

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Try cutting the top and bottom off a small lemonade bottle and slide it over the pipe - flame does not go out and tend to use a windbreak if there is a breeze.

Mar 14, 2010
Visit site
We have used our Cadac in all kinds of weather over the past 10 years,but with the use of a small 4 panel windbreak. This does the job perfectly.Swallow your pride,those who don't like to use Windbreaks or eat raw sauages!!

Hovis

May 15, 2007
Visit site
Hi

I had the same problem. Cut a short lenth of plastic waste pipe and put it over the air vent by the jet , you still get enough air but cuts out the wind.

Apr 11, 2008
Visit site
Have been using the Easy Chef all week cooking Breakfast and Dinner. We are in North Devon (Channel View up on top of the hill overlooking Lynton and Lynmouth) and not had a problem with wind at all. My problem is melting spatulas, I burned one out earlier and put it down to it's age but just bought a new one from Tesco and it seems to be going the same way. I'm using the flat griddle pan for breakfast and using spatula for turning eggs and the end is slowly melting away. Maybe have to buy the Cadac one

Apr 11, 2008
Visit site
Thanks for that Del -I thought of the same thing just this afternoon so went out and got one - will be trying it out for brekkers tomorrow

Nov 9, 2006
Visit site
For those who propose the fitting of a short piece of pipe, could you provide a photograph please of what/how/where you fit.

Even with the wind break I still get a problem, so additional solution would be very welcome.

If it is not possible to upload piccie, I give permission for the moderator to pass onto you, my e-mail address, if you request it.

Thanks

Wombat

Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
For those who propose the fitting of a short piece of pipe, could you provide a photograph please of what/how/where you fit.

Even with the wind break I still get a problem, so additional solution would be very welcome.

If it is not possible to upload piccie, I give permission for the moderator to pass onto you, my e-mail address, if you request it.

Thanks

Wombat
I use the domed lid hooked on the side as wind deflector, worked for me over the last 2 years

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts