My first week this year

Sep 24, 2008
Visit site
We have just come back from Horsley today , this being our first week this season . I go fishing most of the time which is very peaceful. However , we normally do not go in July, August as it gets too crowded. This week has been unbelievable with something not had before in many years. It seemed most people had one or more small dogs which ? I was going to say bark but they did not "bark " they screeched and yapped . when they passed each other instead of the sniffing which to me is normal these went for each other. The other thing noticed was the 5mph one way, well cars go one way but if on bike or scooter you can go by at what speed you want and go opposite way. I am not that good at guessing children's age but it looked like the over 10 up to 40 odd. Oh yes the dad and son on the scooter at that speed you were going at if you fell you or son could be injured with no helmet on. Apart from that the staff as usual were excellent and cannot wait till August to be back there. PS we have had dogs before .

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
We have just come back from Horsley today , this being our first week this season . I go fishing most of the time which is very peaceful. However , we normally do not go in July, August as it gets too crowded. This week has been unbelievable with something not had before in many years. It seemed most people had one or more small dogs which ? I was going to say bark but they did not "bark " they screeched and yapped . when they passed each other instead of the sniffing which to me is normal these went for each other. The other thing noticed was the 5mph one way, well cars go one way but if on bike or scooter you can go by at what speed you want and go opposite way. I am not that good at guessing children's age but it looked like the over 10 up to 40 odd. Oh yes the dad and son on the scooter at that speed you were going at if you fell you or son could be injured with no helmet on. Apart from that the staff as usual were excellent and cannot wait till August to be back there. PS we have had dogs before .

But did you enjoy the break?

Reactions: Jcloughie
Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Rober, Glad you got away for a chill out. I have noticed my dogs are a bit Hyper to see other dogs, find their tails etc. During the lock down,
Surely a dog yapping at each other all adds to your skills at catching a fish hunting for food at the bottom of a pond or lake.

So when does a Pond become a lake. ?

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Hi Robert My two dogs get a bit excited when they see other dogs .
What was the score did you bag up catching i hope you did well any pictures, also did you enjoy your first break .

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
I have tried that with the Wife, but she sussed me out. Its strange sometimes my dogs do not respond to ther dogs passing, another time they just sit and Groan growl, and another time its a full blown bark, which is annoying, they are mostly good though.

Sep 24, 2008
Visit site
I have tried that with the Wife, but she sussed me out. Its strange sometimes my dogs do not respond to ther dogs passing, another time they just sit and Groan growl, and another time its a full blown bark, which is annoying, they are mostly good though.
A bark is ok with me its the screeching/yelping as if they are being harmed.

Sep 24, 2008
Visit site
Hi Robert how did you get on with your fishing ?
First day as I was only first to get out there,(got up at 5am start 7.30am). Just like on the beach with the Germans and towels except this was chairs and tackle. Cast in wallop weighed about 3lb, I knew they were just waiting for me. Rest of week about the same . Cannot use keep nets .

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
Hi Robert. We are currently at a pleasant site, Leekworth, near Middleton in Teesdale. The site is alongside the River Tees and you just go through a gate and you are on the river. I don’t fish myself but I was chatting to a local who was on the river bank and he said the fishing was excellent. “ my son is spinning and has just caught 30” No idea what spinning ( in the context of fishing )is or what sort of fish had been caught, but thought I would pass it on.
Mel

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
First day as I was only first to get out there,(got up at 5am start 7.30am). Just like on the beach with the Germans and towels except this was chairs and tackle. Cast in wallop weighed about 3lb, I knew they were just waiting for me. Rest of week about the same . Cannot use keep nets .
At least you caught something well done

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts