My retirement

Page 2 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
emmerson said:
My wife says retirement is twice the husband on half the money!
And why is her kitchen now only half size?

Maybe taking her out for too many, lunches down the pub.
like I do to for my wife, best mate, Best friend, 40 years married in September,

Sep 29, 2016
Visit site
EH52ARH said:
like I do to for my wife, best mate, Best friend, 40 years married in September,

Awhhh? Shucks, nice to see young lovers being so naive engrossed and infatuated with each other.

:p

Good on you both :)

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Anseo said:
EH52ARH said:

Awhhh? Shucks, nice to see young lovers being so naive engrossed and infatuated with each other.

:p

Good on you both :)

Just wish it came from her Pension now and again. :p

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
We were away in Tewkesbury last year a great private site,. THE Turbles, Basically a big Cl/cs. 15 pitches, water on every pitch, grey water into the hedge, two toilets and two showers, fantasic dog walk, 1/4 Mile walk across fields to the pub, but up a hill, slow and steady. a Senior Chap with lovely wife Combined age maybe 170 , fantastic folk , top of the range Range Rover, two years old, they pitch there for 9 months, Caravan was old style but three years old.
http://www.turbles.co.uk
Retirement is great.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
U
EH52ARH said:
We were away in Tewkesbury last year a great private site,. THE Turbles, Basically a big Cl/cs. 15 pitches, water on every pitch, grey water into the hedge, two toilets and two showers, fantasic dog walk, 1/4 Mile walk across fields to the pub, but up a hill, slow and steady. a Senior Chap with lovely wife Combined age maybe 170 , fantastic folk , top of the range Range Rover, two years old, they pitch there for 9 months, Caravan was old style but three years old.
Retirement is great.

That looks a nice site. We’ve stayed at a couple of CLs nearby on the common where you can walk up to the Malverns on routes that are far less busy than mainstream ones. We always try to visit the Three Kings pub in Hanley Castle. Characterful would be the most apt description. Once when asked what we would like off of the (limited) menu we chose a bacon bap. “Be about 20 minutes then as my daughter has to go to the shop to buy the bacon.” replied the old lady that ran it. Somewhat like turning the clock back 50 years. But we’ve been back a few times since then.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
otherclive said:
U
EH52ARH said:
Retirement is great.

That looks a nice site. We’ve stayed at a couple of CLs nearby on the common where you can walk up to the Malverns on routes that are far less busy than mainstream ones. We always try to visit the Three Kings pub in Hanley Castle. Characterful would be the most apt description. Once when asked what we would like off of the (limited) menu we chose a bacon bap. “Be about 20 minutes then as my daughter has to go to the shop to buy the bacon.” replied the old lady that ran it. Somewhat like turning the clock back 50 years. But we’ve been back a few times since then.

Yes The Three Kings Is favourite with us, never been into the big back bar, where the banjos come out for a free for all sing song, on a Saturday, always stayed in the snug, what a fantastic pub. Don't go there if you like clean, best pub in the area.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Gabsgrandad said:
I/we retired in 1996, (a young 53!) with the intention of Caravan Club wardening, but was late finding out I was finishing work and was told by CC full for that year, apply again next year. Well the year in between went superbly, cut your cloth etc. freedom took on a whole new meaning. At the end of the year found we had managed well enough, (6 months total in van) never going to be rich financially but decided to continue freedom -- haven't worked since, and @ 76 ain't gunna start now! -- Happy caravanning

So thats why you do no have a BAR for the The Woosies. :)

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Must admit I got let off 10 years ago . Did a few part time self employed things but that got in the way of my caravanning. Never looked back. Much less cash but with no debts very lucky.
How I did all the things I did when working beats me .

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts