Mystery Fold-Down Shelf

Jul 28, 2018
Visit site
Hi, we've recently become the owners of a 2009 Bailey Ranger GT60 540/6 and in the overhead lockers in the bedroom, we found a shelf which I'm unable to place. I'm assuming it's not related to the caravan as there's nowhere obvious where this would go, but does anybody recognise the shelf?

It seems to be in the same style as the interior of the caravan..

Thanks in advance!

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
This is just me having a bit of a guess, the large shelf looks like a fold down table or maybe an extension to another table and the triangular piece is what is used to support the table when it’s in use, so you would lift up the large section to the horizontal then fold out the triangular piece to hold in the horizontal position, just a guess for what it’s worth and I’m sure there will be a bailey ranger same model owned by someone on here, I’ve got the 4 berth ranger and there’s nothing like it on mine but could be on other versions, I’d be interested to know myself as might be interested in fitting something similar myself.

BP

Jul 28, 2018
Visit site
Yeah, it's definitely that - a table and support - it's not big and couldn't work out where it would go.. I'd assumed the support would go on a wall or similar and there aren't any really available for this.. it's entirely possible it's not even from this (or any) caravan, I guess.

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
I wonder if when New it came with that fitted under the big window or you could have option of the draw unit which maybe got added later, that’s if yours has the draw unit of course.

BP

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
I agree with BP and Crosswind, it is similar to the ones in the Unicorn that fit on the end of the work top near the sink, and fold down when using the side bench.

Jan 19, 2002
Visit site
Well 2 parts of a fold-down shelf. Looks a bit small for either a central front flap 'table' or for a kitchen top extension. As it was in the bedroom of a 6 berth was it originally a fold-down shelf on the side of one of the bunks?

May 7, 2012
Visit site
It does look like a fold down shelf, but if it had been removed from the end of the kitchen or somewhere else there should be holes or filler where it fitted. If not I do wonder if it is one of those things that a previous owner bought to fit and never got round to it.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts