Name and Shame

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
If it can be proven to name and shame a company for bad service why can't that company name be revealed to prevent other innocent parties being caught in a similar trap. I can understand the possible implications but it would appear that all we can do is praise but not shame. I would like to name and shame a national recovery service but as sure as God made little apples the posting would be removed or edited. It would appear that we must suffer in silence. By naming and shaming the companies it should make them sit up and take notice and rectify their misdeeds. Any thoughts?????

Jul 12, 2005
Visit site
Its to do with the possibility of being sued.

Mind you the ruling class need to change the laws on this. Maybe we should send a message to the lords and barrons of this world to complain

Now, I can't see how I broke any rules with this, but I do exspect it to be edited!

:)

Steve

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Steve, as I said if it could be proven would mean a definate case of bad treatment. I do realise that there could be misinterpretations of actions which could result in misunderstanding of treatment but for definate cases of bad treatment I think, as at present, the law is an ass.

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
I can understand what you mean Colin and agree with you but I can also see problems for Haymarket for letting you do it. They would leave themselves wide open to legal action. Take for example that you was an employee of that recovery service and you had just been sacked so had an axe to grind with them. You could post lots of lies about that company in this forum and others doing harm to their business. It would then be the host sites fault for allowing you to do it.

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
Its to do with the possibility of being sued.

Mind you the ruling class need to change the laws on this. Maybe we should send a message to the lords and barrons of this world to complain

Now, I can't see how I broke any rules with this, but I do exspect it to be edited!

:)

Steve
Heyyyy leave us Lords out of it :OP

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Lord B. The axe I have to grind with this recovery company is all fact - I have several letters between them and myself and would only produce the facts as I see fit - there would in my case be no need to lie.

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
Lord B. The axe I have to grind with this recovery company is all fact - I have several letters between them and myself and would only produce the facts as I see fit - there would in my case be no need to lie.
No I wasnt saying you personally would lie but Haymarket who host this site doesnt know any of us personally so if Joe Bloggs wanted payback on his former employer he could post whatever he liked. Haymarket doesnt know if its true or not, or probably dont care lolol so couldnt risk posting a libellious statement on their server. Just my thoughts Colin, perhaps Moddyship could enlighten us more.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Colin, it may be true that you can praise a company, and not shame another, but even with those restrictions, there are ways.

Although long winded, try praising the competition, for example,

The RAC was helpful and polite and I didn't have to pay them any money and I won't be taking them to court or finding out the address of the general director for a hate mail campaign.

The AA was helpful and polite and I didn't have to pay them any money and I won't be taking them to court or finding out the address of the general director for a hate mail campaign.

The Mayday was helpful and polite and I didn't have to pay them any money and I won't be taking them to court or finding out the address of the general director for a hate mail campaign.

Just omit the one your having problems with!

I did it that way and didn't spend very long in gaol at all..

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I was thinking of her posting as well as my own experience. Putting the two together prompted me to raise the matter. As far as the caravan in question is concerned I cannot answer you as Wendy has pointed out. Looking at the posting you are referring to, the company name has been edited out for legal reasons. Strikes me as the same type of problem with a well known insurance company a few weeks ago.

Mar 16, 2005
Visit site
You are spot on Lord B. Publishing uncorroborated accusations against a company could result in litigation.

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
Regarding the naming and shaming of bad companies, today I had some good news regarding a company so if the Moddyship will allow me to I will relate my experiences. I will keep you posted because it might help others who have a similar experience.

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
I did post in this forum sometime ago about the problems I had regarding a Quest BaseCamp XL. Basically it blew down in a moderate breeze because two awning peg straps had broke. On ringing the supplier I was put in touch with the person who dealt with this problem. When trying to explain he kept overtalking me and saying its no good carrying on explaining because its classed as storm damage. I did persevere and in the end he relented and told me to post it back and he would send it back to the makers. By the tone of his voice I realised I was wasting my time and would lose my money by posting it back. In the end I gave up and decided to write it off as a bad experience. We bought a Sunncamp awning later (from Homestead), the one we asked for originally but was told the Quest was the same, (it might have looked the same but wasnt in quality). Losing

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I did post in this forum sometime ago about the problems I had regarding a Quest BaseCamp XL. Basically it blew down in a moderate breeze because two awning peg straps had broke. On ringing the supplier I was put in touch with the person who dealt with this problem. When trying to explain he kept overtalking me and saying its no good carrying on explaining because its classed as storm damage. I did persevere and in the end he relented and told me to post it back and he would send it back to the makers. By the tone of his voice I realised I was wasting my time and would lose my money by posting it back. In the end I gave up and decided to write it off as a bad experience. We bought a Sunncamp awning later (from Homestead), the one we asked for originally but was told the Quest was the same, (it might have looked the same but wasnt in quality). Losing

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts