Name that dripping tap

Jun 19, 2014
Visit site
Hi
I own a Coachman caravan. At the moment I am suffering from a leaky tap. The water is leaking out of the top of the tap.
I have disassembled the tap and assume I will need a now 'O' ring, or rings.
I have posted some photos below.
The tap is a lift up to turn on and rotate left or right for hot or cold. The leak is where the square tap pillar comes out of the housing
What I need to know is what make and model the taps are and where I can get spares for it? Thanks

Thanks for any advice

Damian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Take the ceramic cartridge to your local caravan shop , they should have a replacement.
The 'O' rings are not available as stand alone items.

Jun 19, 2014
Visit site
Hi
After many many hours of searching the web whilst being hit around the head by my 'Mistress of the dark squashy thing' I have found an answer. Or think I have. Well I hope so as I have ordered it at great cost to the FoggyDave household. £8 ..... So thats no chips for me tonight. Bert Strange, Chippy Extraordinaire to the stars will be a tad miffed as my Mistress Blimp normally takes a large quantity of his fish cake stock (Wednesday being long alley fish cake rolling night. A great favourite in Glenfield much beloved of aged men (and women) with no teeth)
But ....... I digress (Not something normally attempted on Wednesday morning as the wife is against that sort of thing on a week day)
So to cut a short story even shorter I think its a Reich Karma Single Lever Chrome tap and the item in the picture is a 35mm ceramic cartridge to fit same

I would like at this time to thank you for your suggestions and God bless all who sail in her.

Jun 19, 2014
Visit site
Success and (Nothing succeeds like Parrots) I have at last earnt some 'Brownie' points with the wife. The part I ordered was indeed the right one. The tap is now very turn off and onable with no dribbles
For all you budding caravan tap strippers (I refer here to plumbing type persons not dubious stage dancers in Soho) here are the details

Part to fit Reich Karma Single Lever Chrome tap
Part 35mm Ceramic tap cartridge
Part # 15406422
Price £8.99
Supplier Caravan Stuff 4 U Ltd
Hanley SWan
Worcestershire
WR8 0DX

3 day delivery. I would have liked it sooner and was going to send the mother in law for it riding her Iver Johnston Special (I talk here of her bycycle not Mr Iver Johnston who has a bad back) But she had a flat.

Oct 3, 2013
Visit site
Before going to a caravan shop try DIY and tool stores or internet for replacement O rings. - O rings are O rings are O rings and they don't need to be supplied by original tap manufacturer.They only cost pennies.

Jun 19, 2014
Visit site
Hi
The seals on the ceramic cartridge are special sleeved and flanged seals and are an integral part of the cartridge. There is an O ring at the other end and although its profile is circular the shape of the ring is rectangular so that too is a special. On inspection it was not clear which seal was causing the problem and as the replacement was fairly cheap I opted for that.
As with most of the stuff I have problems with I will keep it in case a 'fix' can be found. My workshop has drawers and boxes full of such items. ie the packaging my new cartridge came in now holds the old one. :)

Nov 6, 2006
Visit site
bertieboy1 said:
Before going to a caravan shop try DIY and tool stores or internet for replacement O rings. - O rings are O rings are O rings and they don't need to be supplied by original tap manufacturer.They only cost pennies.

Agreed - even B&Q have packs of different sized O-rings. Another source is your local (automotive) bearings supplier. They sell all sorts of seals and o-rings

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I must add a note of caution, I know we are discussing a water tap, so the 'O'ring used should be for potable systems or approved for water.

And now slightly off topic but even more important - Never use any old 'O'ring for gas systems. Both Butane and Propane will dissolve several of the compounds used in general 'O' rings so it is essential to only use LPG resistant components.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts