Navman

Apr 11, 2005
Visit site
Hello has any one got a Navman and how good are they. Because I just seen a deil on a Navman Icn520 and I thick of get one but I throat I ask what they were like before I went out and got one.

MARK

LMH

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Mark

I'm not an expert and I'm sure someone will pull me up on this but the market leaders are Tom Tom and Garmain.

I looked into getting a Navman before I went for the TT. Everyone I spoke to (IT type people) said don't bother with the Navman.

Lisa.

Dec 30, 2009
Visit site
Hi mark, Ive had 2 Garmin units thay are ace. As LMH has stated Tom Tom and garmin are the market leaders, I would not buy anything elseother than one of these 2

Kevin H

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hello Mark, Seberal work colleagues use Navman and complain about it on a regular basis. I am currently using a tomtom one which I anm really pleased with. Never used Garmin but seems to be rated equally with tomtom.

Mar 7, 2006
Visit site
Hi

Stay away from navman, they do not recognise postcodes

They loose signal all the time & it comes with little memory just enough for england & northen Ireland.

If you want to add speed cameras then you need to buy bigger card,speed camera data, & additional maps, or loose ireland & most of the south.

Tom Tom is miles better, when in lakes it never lost signal, so suprise suprise guess wich one went bye bye.

Jul 26, 2005
Visit site
Hi Mark & Sharon,

Looks like Im in a minority but I have had a Nav man for a couple of years now and it has been fine - it does what it says it will do and apart from having to down load from CD on to memory cards ( you can get huge capacity now) which is a bit restrictive it works great. Navved me through France and Spain and Florida as well as UK with no probs and it does do postcodes!

Got mine originally cos it seemed the best value and my son has recently gone for the same deal as you. It is impressive compared to mine withtouch screen and better features - the signal pickup seems much better as it can link to sats indoors!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts