Aug 16, 2018
Visit site
I have a couple of questions.
1. I’ve bought a 2009 Abbey Freestyle 460 2 birth. Hand book says Abbey Vouge2. Are these basically the same caravan in all but name as I can’t seem to find much about the freestyle.

2. We are now on day 4 of or first trip away. On Day 3 an E14 message appeared on the fridge, an E3 message appeared last night on the NE190 control panel and now the bathroom lights have stopped working. Could these faults be related?

May 24, 2014
Visit site
I am assuming that the NE prefix refers to the infamous Nord Electronica Consumer units, and I am sorry to say problems with these units are legendary. Many newer vans that have had problems with these have had them replaced for Sargent units under warranty.

Use the term "Nord Eletronica problems" on Google and you will get some idea of the scale of these issues.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Chris
See my post under New Members.
These are the guys you need to talk to. Helped many on here!
http://shop.apuljackengineering.co.uk/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=117

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
We have a 2008 Abbey Vogue 620 ''Cardinal'' which, like your caravan is a dealer special Chris, the Expression is a Vogue dealer special from Michael Jordan Caravans I think.
The handbooks for the Vogue series are the same whichever model you have
The error code suggests that there's no communication between the NE190 control panel and the fuse board, and there could be a number of reasons for this.
  • A silly one I know, but have you pressed and held the middle 'switch' to turn on the electrics from the car to the habitation setting?
  • Have you turned the battery charger on, the switch is usually located under the front bed locker on the same side as the control panel?
  • Is the leisure battery in good condition and capable of holding a charge?
  • Are the 12v fuses ok? The fuse board is normally located under the bed locker near to the leisure battery cable inlet.
  • Is the fridge working on 230v? It is not designed to run off a leisure battery, the battery would be flat in no time.
  • Does the fridge work on lpg?

I can't find an Abbey Vogue owners manual download but Click Here to see a Charisma / Europa handbook which will be pretty much the same.
    Scroll down to the electrics section and the operating instructions for the NE190 control panel is there, it's exactly the same as yours (and mine!)
    If you're unfortunate enough to have a failed Nordelletronica unit I can heartily recommend Apauljack Engineering that has been mentioned previously.
    They refurbished my charging system and it's better then new.
    Another common fault could be a failed PCB on the fridge, but that wouldn't cause any problem with the 12v lighting
    Let us know how you get on ;)

Aug 16, 2018
Visit site
Has been working fine for a couple of days. Fuses are fine and the fridge works on LPG. I can reset the fridge on its front panel it just goes every so often.

Aug 16, 2018
Visit site
I have spent a while checking all the fuses on my Abbey Freestyle. I say all the fuses, the ones I know about. There are a number in the fuse box and an in line fuse next to the water heater/tank. Are there any others I should check? I can’t understand why the bathroom lights have suddenly stopped working.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Chris,
Work back. Remove the bathroom light switch and test for power, 12v. I assume they are NOT mains lights?
Could be s broken wire , dodgy switch. But the NE190 is close by so to speak :woohoo:

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts