Nearly Bad News

Jun 11, 2012
Visit site
Off topic in a way but I feel I need to post this .. Just over a week ago we were leaving a retail park in our town traffic in there very bad so we were only moving feet at a time The vehicle in front of us with out warning reversed at a pace and hit the front of our X5. Little or no damage to the Kuga that hit us but frontal damage to the X5 that was visible . We did everything to book exchange details etc .WE are insured with Churchills and I cannot praise them enough . One phone call to them and everything within minutes was in place, vehicle repairer and courtesy car.. We have a call today to say X5 will be back to us tomorrow Wednesday all in a matter of a few days .. Thanks Churchills .
Sir Roger .

May 7, 2012
Visit site
This is very much par for the course with the reputable insurers these days. We had an accident last year which was not our fault and one call to the insurer More Than and the car was booked in for repair and a hire car was arranged in another call within half an hour. We later got a letter saying the other insurer had admitted liability and that we need not pay the excess as this was already sorted.

May 27, 2014
Visit site
I wasn’t as lucky - a few weeks ago a driver reversed into our 2016 vw golf causing cosmetic damage to the front offside - transpires he had no insurance no mot no road tax and no driving license - we phoned the police who arrested him - the cost of the damage was less than our excess so we paid for the repair without claiming our insurance - the quality of the job was substandard and I’m still working on getting an acceptable finish

Jun 11, 2012
Visit site
. Gabsgrandad. Sorry I should have made it more clear but .I didnt want to go on and on .Firstly it was a company vehicle that hit us and secondly its all on Dash Cam so there was no cop out Churchills just said we will just go ahead and they will deal the third party .As you know the X5 is a bit of a tank but the speed he was going bent the front cross member.No visible damage to the Kuga but I guess the damage done to the X5 there must be some unseen damage to the Kuga Of course forgot to mention the driver of the Kuga admitted liability . Thanks again Churchills .Icaru5 did ask how good the repair is but I did say in the OP X5 wouldnt be back until today WEdnesday 28 November. I will post about the repair later when its home

Jun 11, 2012
Visit site
Ok The X 5 is now back home and the repair job is excellent. Couldnt wish for it to be better.. The repair was carried out by DLG Auto Services in Warwick so a big thank you goes out them.
Sir Roger .

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
SirRogerFFS said:
Ok The X 5 is now back home and the repair job is excellent. Couldnt wish for it to be better.. The repair was carried out by DLG Auto Services in Warwick so a big thank you goes out them.
Sir Roger .
I’m with Ray here. A half decent Insurer will offer a painless resolution remedy post accident. No worries. The cheapest ones as shown on the various comparison web sites , when analysed , may not offer the same level of service.
Glad you didn’t suffer any injuries Sir R. :)

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
SirRogerFFS said:
Sir Roger .
HI Sir Roger
Had somebody run into the back of me on Sunday, car now in a DLG Auto workshop, being repaired now, reading what you think of thire repair work has made me feel better. And a Five year guarantee.

Jun 11, 2012
Visit site
Dave A1. I am really pleased with the repair work carried out by DLG Auto services. No sign anywhere that the front of the X5 has been damaged . Please let us know of the outcome to yours.Do I take it you are insured with Churchills or Direct Line .?
Sir Roger .

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
SirRogerFFS said:
Dave A1. I am really pleased with the repair work carried out by DLG Auto services. No sign anywhere that the front of the X5 has been damaged . Please let us know of the outcome to yours.Do I take it you are insured with Churchills or Direct Line .?
Sir Roger .

When I damaged the rear right wing of my vehicle and I was at fault for having an argument with a tree, no issue with insurance company and was give a choice of panel beaters.
I contacted the manufacturer and got the name of their approved body shop which turned out to be one of those recommended to us by the insurer. They did a great job on the vehicle.

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
SirRogerFFS said:
Sir Roger .
Seems I'm with Churchill, (although it's Prudential on the forms?) DLG shop is at Castle Donnington. Suppose same with you, they've given me an ID number so I can track the repair, already stripped down, waiting for parts. I like it. B) B)

Sep 7, 2018
Visit site
Had someone reverse into me a few years ago,he got out of his car said ah it's only the radiator go to such and such garage and get it sorted I'll pay them.After the repairs were done he queried the cost of nearly £500,the garage told him it was the aircon radiator,his argument then was Ford Fiestas don't have aircon.When he was shown the aircon and the resulting work he reluctantly paid up,but he used his Company Credit Card,how he explained that I don't know.

Sep 24, 2008
Visit site
Not want to be left out on this topic so, pulled into layby to take phone call and a skip lorry reversed into the front of car. Pushed horn but as ignition off it did not go, dash had just gone off as well. Damage, bonnet, both wings , grills,bumper , rad, all lights. Phoned LV who started the ball rolling. Got curtesy car next morning, took them a week to repair. Did not notice the headlight lense had changed to pattern and not Skoda until some time later. Contacted firm and insurance and was told that all parts are correct but not necessarely makers parts.Got my excess back with no problems.

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
SirRogerFFS said:
Sir Roger .
Car back this morning, just past 10. Very pleased with the repair, gave it a good inspection, paint match perfect. Brand new tow bar, I now have a witter detachable tow ball, from old tow bar, good order, any offers. B) :whistle:

PS With keys.

Jun 11, 2012
Visit site
DaveA1 Pleased to know all has turned out well for you.My X5 is now 17 years old and the paint work they did is a perfect match even buffed up adjacent panels to the repair .Did you notice that every thing you dealt with is all Direct Line ( Churchills )
Sir Roger

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
DaveA1 said:
SirRogerFFS said:
Sir Roger .
Car back this morning, just past 10. Very pleased with the repair, gave it a good inspection, paint match perfect. Brand new tow bar, I now have a witter detachable tow ball, from old tow bar, good order, any offers. B) :whistle:

PS With keys.

Does the towbar cross member replace the cars cross member. If so does the towbar cross member include a threaded hole for your cars OEM screw in recovery eye? If no then it’s a good idea to carry the towball in the car.

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site
That's why I chose to get a fixed towbar just in case that scenario should arise and I turn up to the caravan and find out that I have left it in the house !! :blush:

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
otherclive said:
DaveA1 said:
SirRogerFFS said:
Sir Roger .

PS With keys.

Does the towbar cross member replace the cars cross member. If so does the towbar cross member include a threaded hole for your cars OEM screw in recovery eye? If no then it’s a good idea to carry the towball in the car.
Yes mine does replace the cross member, that dosen't contain screww for recovery eye.
Just went and checked. Posting before brain in gear. :blush: :blush: .

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
SirRogerFFS said:
DaveA1 Pleased to know all has turned out well for you.My X5 is now 17 years old and the paint work they did is a perfect match even buffed up adjacent panels to the repair .Did you notice that every thing you dealt with is all Direct Line ( Churchills )
Sir Roger

Yes all paperwork headed by Churchill.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts