NEC Show discounts on awnings

Feb 19, 2017
Visit site
Been looking at getting a Kampa Rally Air Pro 200, cheapest I have found online is £579. Would like to know from anybody who has purchased an awning at the NEC show if the discounts offered would reduce this price much further? Thanks.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hello Dogjen,

Don't assume show deals are always the best, some can be, but often if you shop around you can find similar or sometimes better deals elsewhere.

Also factor in the how far the actual seller is located from you as you don't want to suddenly discover you need to take the item back if you have chosen the wrong one.

Warranties can also be a problem, some more local dealers will not handle warranty claims if they did not sell it to you, so if there is a problem with your item, you don't want the inconvenience of having to get it back to seller a long distance away. However, you will have your statutory rights under the Consumer Rights Act which sets out that the seller in your contract must respond if they sell faulty goods.

I advise you read up about the CRA to better understand your rights so you are better prepared before considering a show purchase.

Good luck

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Dogjen said:
Been looking at getting a Kampa Rally Air Pro 200, cheapest I have found online is £579. Would like to know from anybody who has purchased an awning at the NEC show if the discounts offered would reduce this price much further? Thanks.

There are always a number of rarely used awnings for sale via the CMHC and CCC classifieds as people either give up caravanning, buy a different awning or caravan. Might be worth looking in that area. I think Dustydog has a Kampa air awing in his loft which he doesn't use, but hasn't got around to putting it up for sale. You might search this Forum for Kampa air awnings as from memory they received a some criticism from some owners. It might say something that Dustydog doesn't use his!!!!!

May 7, 2012
Visit site
I tend to agree with the Prof on the problems of buying at a show, but if you are buying on line, similar problems with a remote vendor can apply. A lot depends on the saving to be made but if it is not great then I would go with a local supplier.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
There are usually retailers that will offer extra discounts on previous years models, for example a quick on line search shows 2017 Vango air awnings available, some of the dealers buy up the manufacturers stock at end of year
and the customer gets a new awning just not the latest model, we bought one of our air awnings from JR Leisure in Lecicester, ordered on line came next day, it was a discontinued size but t was whatwe were looking for and half original price, not had any problems with it.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts