Need a road lights diagram for a 2002 Compass Omega 432

Aug 17, 2021
Visit site
Have problem with rear lights on my 2002 omega. driving me nuts. I am a plumber not a sparky . dont want to blow fuses etc. Any advice greatly appreciated.. JIm.
Looks a great forum, hope I can get round it ok , lol
Should have also said that I have one with the file that came with the van but colours dont quite matc

Aug 17, 2021
Visit site
short I think on the rev lights, jeep also has diminished light when caravan connected. and in reverse. Have diagram but colours not quite the same. Renewed bulbs that were duff, cleaned high level connections too. (that works now). Caravan has the 12 /12s connector fitted.

May 24, 2014
Visit site
Sounds like a broken earth lead to me, or a short to earth, but you have already got the best man for the job in Damian.

Aug 17, 2021
Visit site
As I mentioned I'm plumber not a sparky..lol
Some things are beyond me I'm afraid. I tend to have a lot going on all at once, various trips to doc and hosp so things get a little drawn out unfortunately.

Damian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Your van is 19 years old and time has a detrimental effect on most things.
Your description points to corrosion on some part or parts of the wiring , probably the 7 pin plugs most likely if they are original fitment.

If you are not confident to rewire the plugs a caravan engineer is where you need to be looking, or a decent auto electrician.

They are easy enough to change for new ones if you take careful notes of which wires go where, if the metal wires to each connection are black, which I expect they are, then the lead needs cutting back to get to clean wires and new plugs fitted.

The other places to check are the lights themselves and clean each spade connector , which are probably heavily contaminated by now.

If you need an engineer look here: https://approvedworkshops.co.uk/find-approved-workshop

Reactions: Jcloughie

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts