Nemesis Ultra wheel clamp

Jun 21, 2023
Visit site
I own a Swift Charisma 550 caravan. It came with a Nemesis Ultra wheel clamp. It's now time to change the tyres and I'm trying to remove the receiver bolt on the wheel.
The adapter that enables the receiver bolt to be removed was missing but I found one available online. It's 19mm wheel wrench adapter that's listed as suitable for my clamp. But now I'm unable get the hex end of adapter to locate into the receiver bolt. Any idea what could be wrong? I'm at a loss what to do next.

Attachments

• Nemesis Receiver Bolt 2.jpg
    Nemesis Receiver Bolt 2.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 8
  • Nemesis Receiver Bolt 3.jpg
    Nemesis Receiver Bolt 3.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 8
Jan 19, 2002
Visit site
From ads with illustrations on Ebay it does seem to be a hex head with an elongated shank. Why not give Purpleline a ring to see what they can suggest or supply? (+44) 01473 601 200 is given on the website.

May 2, 2020
Visit site
Hi welcome to the forum
I have the same wheel lock the adapter sometimes needs a push to engage properly, the size of the hex drive is 12mm so if you have a 12mm hex key /Alan key you could try inserting that so you would then know if the adapter is at fault or the receiver.

Gra

Jun 21, 2023
Visit site
That's a good suggestion. But how old is your wheel clamp? An earlier poster suggested calling Purpleline for advice. I called them this morning and their tech guy told me that before 2013 the receiver bolts might be 10/11mm hex. Not 12mm. Halfords sell a 10mm Hexagon Bit Socket so I'm going to give this a go. I never thought caravaning could be so much fun. :blush:

May 2, 2020
Visit site
That's a good suggestion. But how old is your wheel clamp? An earlier poster suggested calling Purpleline for advice. I called them this morning and their tech guy told me that before 2013 the receiver bolts might be 10/11mm hex. Not 12mm. Halfords sell a 10mm Hexagon Bit Socket so I'm going to give this a go. I never thought caravaning could be so much fun. :blush:
Hi
Don't know how how old ours is as I bought it off a forum member when they stopped caravaning.

Gra

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
You’ve only just scratched the surface of “how much fun” it can be 😂

Jun 21, 2023
Visit site
The 10mm bit socket from Halfords was too small. So in desperation i went back to the 12mm adapter I bought online. It wouldn’t go in as before. But I lined it up by eye and feel and then hit it hard with a hammer. (Yes, I know). The adapter end when in and with one more hit it was fully engaged and I was able to unscrew the receiver bolt. I had a bit of a celebration which involved cursing the bolt with a few choice swearwords. I now have two new tyres on my rig and my blood pressure is back to normal.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts