New and out of my depth

May 9, 2021
Visit site
Bought an abi marauder 500ct to do up. I need to replace two windows. Front and far side ,front side window. Spent hours scouring the net but getting nowhere. If anyone has any advice or can point me i right direction.much appreciated.

Damian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Your van is very old now and getting replacement windows will be very difficult, if not impossible.
However, there are caravan breakers who may be able to help, or if you still have the old windows, a firm called EECO can make new ones from yours as the pattern, but they are most certainly not cheap !!

Moderator Note: I have removed the other post in another part of the Forum as posting the same topic in different places is confusing.

May 7, 2012
Visit site
There are a number of breakers who may have the windows. You will need to measure the windows though so the breakers can check the size as different years may vary or may not, but the front windows should be the same for the whole Marauder range and possibly other ABI models of the same vintage or other years.

SFM Caravans, Halifax are breakers with a very large stock of used parts. as are Caravan Dismantlers of Gatwick, but if you google caravan breakers you will get more.

Nov 6, 2005
Visit site
Be aware that the colour tint in acrylic (aka plastic) windows fades over time due to exposure to sunlight so matching the colour may be impossible - indeed it may be undesirable if the other windows have already faded.

May 24, 2014
Visit site
I suppose in desperation, they could be moulded if they are not available, though I suspect that would be cost prohibitive to a van of that age.

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
You could try National Caravan Salvage they do have ABI parts
Google it online they have contact form just fill in your details and what you need
or join us on Facebook

May 7, 2012
Visit site
Be aware that the colour tint in acrylic (aka plastic) windows fades over time due to exposure to sunlight so matching the colour may be impossible - indeed it may be undesirable if the other windows have already faded.
EECO normally take the old window and try to match that. I doubt their charges would make using them viable though. Hopefully a second hand window will also have faded to a similar level.

Nov 6, 2005
Visit site
EECO normally take the old window and try to match that. I doubt their charges would make using them viable though. Hopefully a second hand window will also have faded to a similar level.
Some years ago, we had a window replaced as part of an insurance claim - the tint was based on codes embossed on the window - the new one was considerably darker than the other original windows which were almost untinted.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts