New Audi Q7 review

Feb 3, 2008
Visit site
It would be useful if you also included an indication of VED figures in your reviews to help with an estimate of running/ownership costs. In this particular case I couldn't even afford to buy it let alone run it or own it. ;)

Edit - Such reviews for items which are way out of my price range was one of the reasons I cancelled my subscription to PRACTICAL Caravan magazine a couple of years ago. Very few of the articles are practical.

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
WoodlandsCamper said:
It would be useful if you also included an indication of VED figures in your reviews to help with an estimate of running/ownership costs. In this particular case I couldn't even afford to buy it let alone run it or own it. ;)

That's a good point, thank you. The print review has a few extra details (and you can read it in our February 2016 magazine), but that's not covered. I'll mention it.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
VED rates change in 2017 a car like this will be £500 for the firsts year, and for the next 5 years incure a supplement of £310 so added to the flat rate will give a rate of £ 450 for five years.
A 1965 Austin Champ, should be a good tow tug , no VED and No MOT.
Should get the best tow car of 2017 in aJune's issue the way the magazine is going.
Hutch.

Aug 23, 2009
Visit site
We really need to be getting into the real world with these reviews. Most people in the real world would struggle to buy a brand new A4 let alone a Q7 Does there need to be a title change at PC towers to Practically Elitist Caravanners, because I'm sure the way things are going more and more people are going to be cancelling their subs. Real life caravanning seems to be catered for on the forum and there alone. Oh and I'm saving my February edition until February.

Oct 28, 2006
Visit site
But how about the people that can afford a vehicle like this.Does it mean they cant have the privilage of reading a road test on the vehicle because the price doesnt suit all.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
The best bit for me is the near 50% depreciation over 3 years. I have asked before why we can't have reviews on affordable used vehicles good for tugging.
In truth it is beyond the majority of people's pockets brand new.

Nov 6, 2005
Visit site
Do people still buy cars these days? Most cars are now sold on PCP's and then hand them back after 3 years.
To lease something like this is approx £600 a month still a lot of money but more affordable than paying out the £55k .
Why do you think you see so many of these priced cars on the road? They are not bought outright that's for sure.

Oct 28, 2006
Visit site
Well there,s enough expensive cars about,dont seem to be that far out of reach.As for the depreciation,what do you do,lease hire,buy out right,pcp,or run around in an older car that constantly requires attention and lose your money that way.Houses can be just as bad.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Thats true, but in my case, I bought a new Sante Fe, with the intention of keeping it for the next 5 years. Twice the price of my first house. And £600 a month is a third of my pension. I cant afford that.
Hutch

Aug 23, 2009
Visit site
Unfortunately it's not just cars, but why oh why can't people stick to buying things that meet their requirements at a price they can afford rather than just trying to be something they aren't. We buy nothing that we can't just buy outright, we would rather go without until we can afford it. £600 a month on a car. please, if people are paying that a month just to look good I really don't know what's happening. I have no problem with anyone who can afford a Q7 going out to buy one but the majority, in the real world can't. Thank goodness they must be the real people that are left in society not the fakes.

Nov 6, 2005
Visit site
With a pcp you can afford a car that you could never buy outright or get finance for, it doesn't apply to just expensive cars smaller cars on pcp too?
I bought my BMW on a PCP initially using my company car allowance , then bought it after 3 years for a knock down price.
I have noticed though that caravans have crept over the £30k mark for the top models now?

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Normally, these cars are bought as company cars and then afetr a couple of years sold off, my son works for Jag LandRover, And some of the managers apppear to get nice cars as part of the work package but go to work in their own cars and the wife takes the kids to school in the very nice ones. I have seen the JLR caravan Rallies and only about 1/3 pull with Landrovers.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
I think last year when my car was new, and the van was two years old I was going around Europe with, £50K of unit, this year it will be probably £40 K, but they are mine. And they look good. Except when the dogs are covered in mud I bought these as they are what I need and could afford.

Oct 28, 2006
Visit site
Imagine trying to save up 53k,how long would that take.The car would have long gone out of production.Thus, use someone elses money.£600 to some people is a drop in the ocean.The bigger picture is they may in 10k in a week.People all have different circumstances.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
We certainly do, At the Royal Windsor Hose show last Year, a good 50% of the cars were land rover / Range Rovers, and I think not many on finance, and I should think 50% owned 50 % of 5he UK. Some rubbing shoulders with the poor people.
LOTTERY is worth £ 50 million this Wednesday.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
It's a great song, used to be true for Vauxhall cars in the 70's at Luton plant. My dad was an Engine Experimental Engineer there, owned a Ford Prefect. !!!
Lovely memorys of working on his cars with him.☺

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
I have a can of Finelec, tyre repair in the basket on my bike, just in case I have a flat tyre on the way back from the local Ale house. Same thing.
Full size Wheel (Alloy) and tyre on my Sante Fe. £15 K cheaper. !!!!
Hutch.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Mine is under the back of the car, with a chain around it, as they tend to get stolen, on my mates RRover its in the boot of the "car" and takes up a lot of room. . Another mate has a Tureg and has a can of "stuff" and a compresser.
. I like my spare wheel and real tyre. .
And I have Slime in my bike tyres.
Hutch

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts