New Bailey Olympus

Sep 15, 2006
Visit site
Must say first impressions are very good. I was fortunate to see an Olympus 2 at Edinburgh Caravan Club site last week where someone had it on test.
However just read the weights expected. I curently own the Ranger 620/6 which has a maximum weight of 1540KG. I see the new Olympus 620 is expected to weigh 1618KG. So where is the saving?
Will wait to examine one closer at the NEC in October but it would have been the natural progression for us when the time come sto change.
Nigel

Mar 1, 2009
Visit site
Hi Landroverman.
What do you mean where are the savings? The Olympus is not the Ranger replacement, the Orion is so you should compare the weights of the Orion with the Ranger. But i dont think there is a 6 berth Orion!! The Olympus is the Pageant Succesor.
The new Olympus have a feel of the new Pegasus about them and there will be only 4 layouts compared to the present 7.

Dougie....

Sep 15, 2006
Visit site
Fair point about the Olympus being a Pageant replacement. However I was comparing like for like layouts and as you say there is no equivalent in the Orion range.
I have also just been reading Andy Jenkinson's review of the new Olympus in Scottish Caravanner magazine and he comments on whether Ranger owners would be tempted by the new Olympus - for those that own Ranger's and Ranger GT's it is the most logical replacement - particularly for me as ours was 'up-specced' to near Pageant levels as when it was bought there was no Pageant equivalent.
Once I have seen inside a new Olympus then we may be tempted to go for the replacement. The weights are academic to me as I tow with a Discovery 3, however I am in a fortunate position. I believe many would like to see weight savings in future models , irrespective of the manufacturer.
As I have said, don't get me wrong, from what i saw of the outside and the limited amount I could see of the inside it appears to be a very good product.
Nigel B.

Mar 1, 2009
Visit site
Yes would agree for ranger owners to upgrade to the olympus as the orion is a very poor replacement in my opinion. I have a olympus 534 and we are very happy with this van and layout. I would deff consider the new look olympus if i was changing van.

Dougie...

May 8, 2010
Visit site
I agree the Orion is tiny inside, and would not be much good for longer than a weekend, I like the look of the new Olympus, looking forward to seeing it on Sunday at the Lawns in Cottingham (If I don't get called out to work that is)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts