New Bailey Pageant. Gas hob enamel.

Mar 28, 2005
Visit site
I have had my new Bailey Pageant for 3 weeks and had one trip away in it. There are small pieces of enamel flaking of the gas hob at the left hinge to reveal the metal underneath. A tiny amount but it may rust. Has anyone else seen this problem on new Baileys? I am going to have the dealer look at it and replace the hob but am I being too fussy?

Dec 18, 2005
Visit site
I've owned 2 Pageant's both with enamel hobs. Never had a problem with either of them. If I were you I'd get your dealer to change it under warranty. I don't think you are being fussy.

Jan 23, 2006
Visit site
we bought a new Bailey pageant mornarch caravan last year,

although we are satisfied with the van and the way it was delivered, also the dealer has been good.

but we have had minor problems leaking water filter under the

sink,also the gas regulater failed whilst on site last December

and no replacement available to we returned home,very

inconvenient when you do not always want to eat out!!!

Also the fan in the transformer had to be changed, you think

Bailey should have done this at the factory.

And last but not least an intermitent water pump which needs a

thump now and again.

basically the caravan is very good just these small things that

are a pain, so come on bailey a little more inspection on your

products before leaving the factory would be advisable after all

caravans cost a lot of money.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Colin,Shorely your dealer should have done an inspection before you took the van home,they are as much at fault as the manufacturer,you very rarely hear of any faults with Baileys caravans that is why they give a 6yr guarantee.Jim

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Andy,

We have a Pageant Burgundy,and also noticed enamel flaking off.....only a small amount,but then we have paid a lot for the van in the 1st place.Showed it to the dealer,and we have had a new hob replacement with no quibble at all.......so, go and see your dealer.

May 21, 2005
Visit site
I also have a new Paegant however not had any problems with the hob and surroundings with flaking paint. I would definitely contact your dealer. I've been back many a time with snagging over the past 6 months, however they are very effiecnt in sorting the problems out.

Regards

Terence

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts