New Bailey Senator

Dec 30, 2009
Visit site
Off to look at a brand New Senator arizona today, reduced 2010 model. I know its an old modle but i dont like the new offerings from bailey or swift .
Can anyone give me some constructive feedback on
1/ buying an old model new
2/ buying a Bailey senator good or bad points.

New price 17600, currently 15995, dont want to pay more than 15500, your thoughts.
Kevin

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Kev
The Series 6 Senators imo are still one of the best Bailey produced. Mine's 4 years old now and I've never looked back.
Can you ascertain from the dealer why the Arizona has been unsold for so long?
I assume the Dealer will still give you all the 3 year warranties and Bailey's 6 year water ingress guarantee?
It will be Cris registered so may be worth a quick check with them just to check the parentage.
Apart from a few minor faults when new everything works well on mine. Initially I didn't like the aluminium window frames because of condensation but have got round this now, Watch out for the deal you get with Tracker. The Senators all come with Trackers. I missed out on a once in a lifetime deal and now pay annually. My fault.
Oh yes within the first year the edging strips on both the kitchen and bathroom worksurface delaminated. Both were replaced without quibble and have been fine ever since.
Hope you get the price down
smiley-cool.gif

Nov 6, 2005
Visit site
Value it the same as you would for a used model of the same age - the fact that it's unused counts for little in reality but no doubt the dealer will try hard to convince you otherwise.
The Caravan Price Guide gives £13,100 as the forecourt price for a 2010 Bailey Senator Arizona and £12,000 for a private sale which should be your target if you've got no part-exchange. Strangely the guide gives £16,700 as the new price, not £17,600.
http://www.caravanpriceguide.com/id12.html

Aug 4, 2005
Visit site
Dustydog said:
Watch out for the deal you get with Tracker. The Senators all come with Trackers. I missed out on a once in a lifetime deal and now pay annually. My fault.
DD, not sure what you mean by that? I renewed my subscription for my Unicorn recently and was still able to get the lifetime membership deal ( lifetime = as long as I own the van). Granted it was not at the same heavily discounted price that I paid for my Wyoming 4/5 years ago, deal is now £199 lifetime compared to £89 per annum. At one point it was £99 for the lifetime deal, I think that might be the special deal you are referring to, that has been gone for the last couple of years but for someone planning to hang on to their van for a few years and wanting to maintain their Tracker subscription (and Iknow there are those who don't) then the current deal is still worth considering.

Kevin, I had the Senator Series 6 Wyoming and really liked it. I can't recall any faults that I could warn you about.

Dec 30, 2009
Visit site
Thank you all for your comments. Really liked the arizona, BUT the wife didnt like the wood colour so thats that then, keep on looking.

Kev

Dec 30, 2009
Visit site
Well we have gone and bought our new van, its a Sterling elite emerald 4 birth, 2011 model from a dealer in Burnham on sea. got a great deal on the new van and also on the trade in on ours. All in all a good day Saturady all around. Will pick the van up 14th January and spend a night on their site to try out the van, all set up for us to be shown how everething works.

Kev

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Well done Kev
Make sure they show you everything in full working order including the water system. There was a problem a while back with some Swift vans left with big holes in the floor from poor drilling. have a good look underneath. Otherwise I know you will be very happy. So will we see at Stowford?

Dec 30, 2009
Visit site
Hi Dusty thanks for your comments. The van will be set up onsite ready for us to be talked through everything working, we can then stay for a night or 2 (were staying 1 night) and any issues or niggles we have can be sorted for us before leaving.
Im hoping to convince the wife that we can try a rally, hard work currently but well see

Kev

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts