New boy

Sep 17, 2010
Visit site
Hi All
This is the place to be for all that good van advice I will need over the next year or so.
As yet I do not have one I am looking at getting one this time next year (2011) so I am doing my research now, have just received the Haynes caravanning Handbook in the post
smile.gif

Lunar Quasar 524 looking good so far (2005/6) MTPLM 1350 (With Ford Focus 2L Diesel CC2 1626 KW /MTM1450)

I have traveled quite a lot in my time (50 next BD) and thought it was time to get back to basics as ex forces I miss the art of camping out and thought it was time to get a van
I had a trailer tent way back in the 80s and have towed a 3/4 ton trailer with a 110 Landrover for thousands of miles.

Neil

Aug 12, 2007
Visit site
Hello Neil (I can't call you Knocker, it sounds too familiar on first acquaintance
smiley-wink.gif
) and welcome. Have fun researching, and make sure you visit loads of dealers and look at 100s of caravans - all part of the fun of caravanning!

Dec 14, 2006
Visit site
Welcome to Practical Caravan - I'm sure you'll get lots of helpful advice from all the nice people who contribute to this forum. It's nice looking around at all the various makes and models of caravan - and making sure you get one which suits you to the ground. You'll get plenty of advice about what to look for (such as damp), and anything else you need.
If you have particular questions to ask, then it's best to put a new post in the relevant sections - and people are generally very quick to respond. Thre are often 'experts' who will help with very specific questions, too!
All the best with your new caravan!

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Hi Neil, welcome to the Practical Caravan forum.
I'm impressed with you for conducting your research before spending money and as an ex serviceman you'll no doubt be very familiar with the rule of P's which we're not allowed to write in full on this forum
smiley-innocent.gif

I'm sure that you'll have many questions and you've come to the right place to receive answers from experienced caravanners.
Good Luck with your search for a good caravan

Sep 17, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the welcome just reading this months mag so was nice to get a Hi from the editor thanks Nigel.
Parksy, yes REF. the rule of P's you never forget good training
smiley-innocent.gif

I cant wait to get on the road I am sick of waisting a fortune on flights and bad hollidays abroad.

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Caravanning is what you make it, you can try peace and solitude in the middle of nowhere, so quiet that you can hear the birds wings as they pass close by or on the other hand you can have all the fun of the fair at a rowdy boozy seaside venue.
I'm sure that you will enjoy caravanning so it's all the more important for you to choose the right caravan.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts