New caravan blues

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I went with my younger brother yesterday to collect his first caravan ,brand new, straight out of the box.We travelled the 10 miles or so back to his home in busy Friday pm traffic, I'm sure his heart was working over time. He reversed it onto his drive at the first attempt (brilliant)and started to un-hitch his new pride and joy.Handbrake,unplugged the black & grey, unclipped the break-away cable,lowered the jockey wheel.DRUM ROLL PLEASE - First turn of the jockey wheel handle and it snaps off !! He couldn't believe it, he hadn't even got the caravan of the tow ball and disaster had struck him - I had a little laugh though, had to, got no tissues so crying was out of the question. I don't think its that bad though it looks like a sellok/spring pin has sheared, but can you imagine what will be going through his mind the first time he sets down 200 miles from home on a dark wet and windy night. Oh for a camera !! Love him really.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
We had new Fiat Argenta a few years ago and when selecting reverse for the first time the gear lever came off in my hand.

Things did come off that car the last straw being when half a vale head came off !!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
We had new Fiat Argenta a few years ago and when selecting reverse for the first time the gear lever came off in my hand.

Things did come off that car the last straw being when half a vale head came off !!
VALVE !!!!!

Nov 9, 2006
Visit site
Hi

I'm the butt of the joke here.

Hi. bruv, thanks for the genine comment on my, even if I say so myself, excellent reversing manouver. Bl!!dy should be, I've dreamt the experience often enough for the last two months waiting for delivery day.

The brand new van, a Coachman believe it or not - oops have I broken forum etiquette by naming the culprit, and by recommendation by that aformentioned Peter fella.

Getting me own back though, expect there be some discussions taking place at his house now that his other half came had a look at my shiny new one today!

Problem fixed now thanks to Black Country Caravans giving me a brand new jockey.

Oct 28, 2006
Visit site
Hi

I'm the butt of the joke here.

Hi. bruv, thanks for the genine comment on my, even if I say so myself, excellent reversing manouver. Bl!!dy should be, I've dreamt the experience often enough for the last two months waiting for delivery day.

The brand new van, a Coachman believe it or not - oops have I broken forum etiquette by naming the culprit, and by recommendation by that aformentioned Peter fella.

Getting me own back though, expect there be some discussions taking place at his house now that his other half came had a look at my shiny new one today!

Problem fixed now thanks to Black Country Caravans giving me a brand new jockey.
hi tim,wait until you try and put the ba....d awning up,but seriously i hope you enjoy it.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts