New Caravan Delays

Nov 8, 2021
Visit site
We have a 2022 Xplore 304 on order and we have been told early next year for delivery, though I've been hearing stories of people who ordered the 2021 model still waiting for theirs, and have been for 6, 9 or 12 months! When do you think I am likely to see my 2022?

May 7, 2012
Visit site
The problem seems to be parts. Both Eldiss and Bailey seem to have lots of near ready to go models built but waiting for the final bits. I believe some Swifts have had to have a downgraded electric control just to get them out. I would hope that once the backlog is sorted things will get back to normal.

Nov 8, 2021
Visit site
When is the part shortage ever likely to end though? We seem to be coming slowly out of the other end of the Pandemic (fingers crossed) but there are also the effects of the UKs diminished workforce post Brexit etc. I'd hate to order a new Caravan and miss a whole season or longer waiting for a door handle to arrive at the manufacturers....

May 7, 2012
Visit site
The problem is one most industries have, I read that one car manufacturer lost huge sales due to this problem and given their size and strength when buying, if they cannot get the bits what chance have the smaller caravan builders.

May 24, 2014
Visit site
This is beginning to concern me as we have an S5 Vigo on order. If, as reported, there are all these part built vans for delivery next year, where will they be stored over winter.

We have had repeated cancelled delivery dates, and I am beginning to worry as to what condition they are being stored in and what condition will they be in at delivery. Seriously thinking about cancelling the order.

May 7, 2012
Visit site
I gather the problem is missing windows. Not sure what they re doing to prevent water ingress but I assume they have that sorted as getting it wrong would be very expensive. Most caravans are stored outside all year long so the conditions of the storage should not be a problem. Not sure why you are worried about a caravan standing out in the rain, as it should not deteriorate there any more than at your storage. Given the loss of cash flow due to them not getting them out I doubt Bailey will delay delivery longer than needed as they will be waiting for hundreds of thousands of pounds because of the late delivery.
Possibly if they then release a whole lot of caravans at once though they will have a problem finding hauliers.

May 7, 2012
Visit site
I do understand, but if the window cover was not watertight and water got in, it would show pretty quickly and the customers would see it fairly quickly, so they have to get it right.

May 24, 2014
Visit site
In any other industry I would tend to agree, but after a catalogue of poor experiences with both dealer and manufacturer, I have little faith in either the ability or integrity throughout the caravan and motorgnome industry.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts