New caravan - faults before leaving forecourt!

Page 2 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hello Surfer,

A “little knowledge can be dangerous”, Having read of your issues, I suspect that attempting to reject the whole caravan on the basis that a water system is not functioning may fail – unless there is more about the caravan that you have not written about.

Virtually all the components in a caravan’s water system can be readily replaced without adversely affecting the appearance, structure or the value of the caravan. Under those circumstances a full refund is not likely to succeed.

A correctly worded letter may yield an appropriate response from the dealer. For clarification you should seek advice from a professional in these matters.

Aug 4, 2004
Visit site
Prof John L said:
Hello Surfer,
A “little knowledge can be dangerous”, Having read of your issues, I suspect that attempting to reject the whole caravan on the basis that a water system is not functioning may fail – unless there is more about the caravan that you have not written about.
Virtually all the components in a caravan’s water system can be readily replaced without adversely affecting the appearance, structure or the value of the caravan. Under those circumstances a full refund is not likely to succeed.
A correctly worded letter may yield an appropriate response from the dealer. For clarification you should seek advice from a professional in these matters.
I have writen a very nice letter to the dealer asking them to re-consider. The MKIII no longer exits and ther are no spares for it and you cannot operate the water system without the filter as the filter is an integral part of it. On other models there is no need for a filter. No filter, no water. At the moment I have not made any threats of rejection but will if the dealer plays hard nose.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts