New caravan for 2012......Any ideas

Apr 3, 2005
Visit site
Hi all, we have a Buccaneer Argosy (2010) we are looking around to swap our van when next years models arrive at the dealers, we are looking for a fixed bed single axle model....we like the vanmaster and have also looked at the new AS Mayfair, which are beautifully built and finished.
Does anyone have either of these caravans?....any feedback or suggestions to other caravans of comparable quality, would be much appreciated.

Kind regards Andrew.

Aug 23, 2009
Visit site
Feel sure that either would be "better" than the Buccaneer. AS are still to be proven in 'van production where as vanmaster have a more proven track record. If you are considering the Vanmaster of course the model year will be less important as it is a more bespoke product and you'll have the opportunity to work with the manufacturer to get exactly the van you want.

Sep 29, 2010
Visit site
I find this post a little confusing, but then I’m easily confused! You say that you intend look at next years models when they arrive at the dealers, but I don’t think you’ll find either AS or Vanmaster at any of the dealers.
As to the Vanmaster, the Applause I assume as you want a fixed bed & single axle, & the AS Mayfair, I’d say that they are as different as a good ‘off the peg suit’ & one from a bespoke tailor. For example if you like the idea of only having a table at the front instead of the usual chest of drawers, as in the Mayfair, Vanmaster will do that for you. Try asking AS to fit a chest of drawers there.
Why on earth did AS decide to fit a blown air heating system? All Bailey / Swift / Lunar fans are at last starting to appreciate the benefits of a wet system & raving about it. You’d find it hard to find anyone who’d change back to blown air. With the Vanmaster you get that plus a proper radiator in the washroom & under floor heating.
In my opinion there is no real comparison, but I must admit to being a little biased. I consider my 14 year old Vanmaster a lot better than any new van you’ll find at your local dealers! If ever I change it I cannot see it being for anything other than another Vanmaster.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts